Solid Edge standard parts

Solid Edge, Synchronous Technology, Convergent Technology, and Siemens!
matt
Answers: 18

Solid Edge standard parts

Unread post by matt »

I'm having some difficulty learning about Standard Parts in Solid Edge. I found the little screw icon in the Parts Library, but it says the folder isn't configured or something. Fresh installation. Blank slate in more ways than one. Any help out there?
mike miller
Answers: 7

Re: Solid Edge standard parts

Unread post by mike miller »

Disclaimer: I haven't done this myself since we're wrapping this into our Teamcenter install, but I've researched it a bit.

1) You need to download the Standard Parts files from Siemens first. You'll need the Machinery and Piping libraries, plus the language-appropriate admin. https://support.sw.siemens.com/en-US/pr ... 7101459570

2) If you're a single user, things are simpler. You just set up a SQL database on your machine (SQLExpress is fine) and then run the Standard Parts configuration wizard. Rumor on the street is that it works better if you install SQL separately instead of letting the wizard do it in the background.

3) Configure Standard Parts. See attached PDF.

4) *a miracle occurs*

5) Standard Parts is now perfectly implemented.
Attachments
StandardPartsInstallationGuide.pdf
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 855 times
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

mike miller wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:15 pm Disclaimer: I haven't done this myself since we're wrapping this into our Teamcenter install, but I've researched it a bit.

1) You need to download the Standard Parts files from Siemens first. You'll need the Machinery and Piping libraries, plus the language-appropriate admin. https://support.sw.siemens.com/en-US/pr ... 7101459570

2) If you're a single user, things are simpler. You just set up a SQL database on your machine (SQLExpress is fine) and then run the Standard Parts configuration wizard. Rumor on the street is that it works better if you install SQL separately instead of letting the wizard do it in the background.

3) Configure Standard Parts. See attached PDF.

4) *a miracle occurs*

5) Standard Parts is now perfectly implemented.
You forgot step 6 and 7:
6) ????
7) Profit
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

Oh, perfect. I was only missing a couple of things: the download, step 4 and step 6, oh, and step 3. Glad it wasn't more complex than that.