Protolabs

JSculley
Answers: 53

Protolabs

Unread post by JSculley »

Has anyone used Protolabs to have CNC or sheet metal parts made? I sent a couple of part models to them and the quotes are reasonable given the rapid turnaround time I need, but before I pull the trigger I'd like to know (from anyone has used them before) if the quality good and the delivery time as advertised.
RMcHugh
Answers: 1

Re: Protolabs

Unread post by RMcHugh »

I last used Protolabs about 3 years ago for some sheetmetal parts.
I can't complain: the stainless parts met the print and fit in the oven re-fit project I was doing.
It's only been because we don't have a lot of demand for sheetmetal parts that I haven't used them again.

There were also some stainless locating frames CNC'd by them. They met print and worked well in the project.

Another engineer here had some prototype adjustable levers for our handheld product machined by them.
Again, can't complain. The sliding parts fit as intended, the dowel press and shoulder clearance holes were a good fit.
We'd go to them again.
urie
Answers: 0

Re: Protolabs

Unread post by urie »

About three years ago, I last purchased sheetmetal components from Protolabs.
I can't complain because the stainless components suited the oven re-fit project I was working on and matched the print.
The main reason I haven't used them again is because there isn't a lot of demand for sheetmetal parts.
Additionally, they CNC-made several stainless steel locating frames. They cooperated nicely on the assignment and met print.
For our handheld product's prototype adjustable levers, another engineer here had some of them produced.
I can't complain anymore. The dowel press and shoulder clearance holes were a nice fit, and the sliding pieces fit as expected. I work as a furniture.
Thank you.