Lattice Design for Additive Manufacturing in SolidWorks

Here we have answers to common questions about SolidWorks. If you want to request or contribute answers, just flag down a moderator.
Lucas
Answers: 2

Lattice Design for Additive Manufacturing in SolidWorks

Unread post by Lucas »

I want to share the methods that I developed to create lattice structures in SolidWorks for 3D printing. There isn’t many explanations available on the internet, so I did it in a detailed way. It’s not super complex but has many small steps and working with large lattice files can be very troublesome. Hope it helps.
image.png
If someone want to make a YouTube video from it, please feel free to do so, just link this post for future discussion. :D

(This might as well work in others CAD software, but with different tools nomenclature)
Attachments
Lattice Structure Workflow in SolidWorks.pdf
(2 MiB) Downloaded 1508 times
Lattice Design for Additive Manufacturing in SolidWorks.pdf
(3.19 MiB) Downloaded 1306 times
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Re: Lattice Design for Additive Manufacturing in SolidWorks

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

This is interesting. It definitely gives more control over the interior of parts than what is available for infill from slicers.
You could even run FEA and tweak the infill, which is difficult to impossible to do using slicers.
zxys001
Answers: 4

Unread post by zxys001 »

Lucas wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:55 am I want to share the methods that I developed to create lattice structures in SolidWorks for 3D printing. There isn’t many explanations available on the internet, so I did it in a detailed way. It’s not super complex but has many small steps and working with large lattice files can be very troublesome. Hope it helps.

image.png

If someone want to make a YouTube video from it, please feel free to do so, just link this post for future discussion. :D

(This might as well work in others CAD software, but with different tools nomenclature)
Nice work, Lucas! :D
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
Tom G
Answers: 0

Unread post by Tom G »

Not only useful, I find the cell design quite beautiful. Great explanation!
Lucas
Answers: 2

Unread post by Lucas »

Thanks guys, glad you liked it UU