Most Recent to The Index?

Make suggestion to the moderators and admins of this site.
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Most Recent to The Index?

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

Sorry if this is already in another thread somewhere, but I don't see this listed as it's own thread and searching "most recent" didn't turn up anything.
Would it be good to have a most recent added below the most popular? It appears possible (https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... t_topics_2).
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: Most Recent to The Index?

Unread post by AlexLachance »

I use this, not sure if I understood you correctly?
image.png
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

Actually I think it's there at the sub level, which is probably more useful. I was looking at the general page:
image.png
But it's here at the sub level...So, he already implemented it:
image.png
And, having it at the top level of the forum wouldn't make much sense. SE people don't care what SW and IV people post, etc...
MJuric
Answers: 1

Unread post by MJuric »

AlexLachance wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:20 am I use this, not sure if I understood you correctly?

image.png
That's what I do as well. In between the "New posts" and notifications I get pretty much everything.

Edit to add: I think the "Unanswered Topics" is a really nice feature as well. If you log on and click on that you will get all the topics that have no response. If we want people to come here and feel like people are actually answering and responsive then we should make sure we respond to as much as we can even if it's "Well I have no idea but maybe look here or ask so and so"