Synctech crash

Solid Edge, Synchronous Technology, Convergent Technology, and Siemens!
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Synctech crash

Unread post by jcapriotti »

Well it is 2022 sp0 after all. Tried to delete a Synctech dimension.....didn't like it. Not sure why, just a sheet metal rectangle with a length and width dimension.
image.png
Jason
KennyG
Answers: 7

Re: Synctech crash

Unread post by KennyG »

Jason, the crashlogf.txt it mentions can be opened in notepad and sometimes there is a telltale sign at the bottom that may indicate the cause. Many times it is caused by the GPU driver, especially if not running a workstation class card or an old driver. SE, when it installs, always sets the most advanced graphics settings, and if running a consumer or integrated GPU option, you may need to back those off. This is not necessary if using a pro card, just insure drivers are updated.
jcapriotti

Thanks @KennyG. I didn't see anything telling but considering this is my home PC and it has a Geforce card, I figured it could be related. Also this is the first release of 2022.
Jason
KennyG
Answers: 7

Unread post by KennyG »

jcapriotti wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:28 pm Thanks @KennyG. I didn't see anything telling but considering this is my home PC and it has a Geforce card, I figured it could be related. Also this is the first release of 2022.
Jason, you keep saying this is the first release of 2022, but typically the first new release of a new Solid Edge version is stable and there aren't reports of random crashing so I would be more inclined to say you may need to adjust your SE graphics settings a bit given the GeForce GPU. But do this only after having insured you have the latest driver installed and it is still an issue.

With a 3D file open (blank template is fine), go to Settings, Options, View. In the Application Display area uncheck "Automatic selection" and try setting to the next lower option ("Graphics Card Driven").
image.png
jcapriotti

Thanks @KennyG, I'll give that a shot.
Jason