newbie looking for 3d software you can learn in 5 minutes

Several announcements for new users.
malibu232
Answers: 0

newbie looking for 3d software you can learn in 5 minutes

Unread post by malibu232 »

hi,

I am a beginner in 3d but I have already designed some objects and have them 3d printed,

small ones like 10 cm x 20 cm. I want to desing little plastic cases and boxes with lids, small and I like starting out with a 2D like inkscape svg to draw my layout and then import that to the 3d software.

I know all the graphic software illustrator photoshop indesign ..

I used sketchup a few years ago, but this time around when i got back to it i just found it so complicated and counter-intuitive, and the pro version crashes when i do export..

Then i started to use blender and i really liked the way you can turn objects around with the mouse, but then i wanted to delete the portion of an object intersecting another, and when i read about it I had to Add a menu to do that, So that makes me think blender is inappopriate for what I am doing or just too big and complicated.

SOoo I was wondering if there is a simple adobe friendly shortcuts intuitvness, easy to understand and where you can almost figure out things on your own and that seem to make sense.

I find sketchup very strange in the way it works, I didn't manage to put a layer under another one..

and seem to find many people asking very simple questions to do very simple things.

And also I find it really hard to switch between the shortcuts of inkscape and sketchup, they are so different.

So i am looking for a beginner 3D software that is easy to learn easy to navigate with the mouse and when you do a right click the option you need is already there ! 
free is better
zxys001
Answers: 4

Re: newbie looking for 3d software you can learn in 5 minutes

Unread post by zxys001 »

Rhino3D
Shapr3D
Vectary
Fusion 360
OnShape
DesignSpark
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

Sorry...

Its just that, 5 minutes is a bit of a..... I don't know....just remember, that many of us are here after being in this business for 15-20 years or more.
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

How about the 3DEXPERIENCE platform?
KennyG
Answers: 7

Unread post by KennyG »

You will be balancing capabilities against ease of use. If you want less capable products, there are many available that are relatively easy to use and they were already mentioned by zxys001. If you want a full fledged mechanical modeling system, then your best bet is to stick with the popular 3 of SolidWorks, Inventor, or Solid Edge. I know Siemens Solid Edge has a free version for Makers as well as a free version for students, and if a commercial entity you can get the commercial version free if you fit the Startup profile.

https://solidedge.siemens.com/en/free-s ... /overview/