SOLIDWORKS Routing: Disable spool color in drawings

LO.SOU
Answers: 0

SOLIDWORKS Routing: Disable spool color in drawings

Unread post by LO.SOU »

Hello everyone,

So, I made this custom routing assembly, using the routing module, and divided it into spools with different colors.

When I generate the drawings and have the views in shaded mode, for the whole assembly the view is ok (pic3), but when I put the spools views in shaded mode, they appear with the color with which I defined the spool in the assembly (pic 2). Apparently for some reason Solidworks override the apearences of the parts in the spool views, which themselves are driven by displays states that are created automatcly when the spool is generated.

When I expand the featres manager in drawing view (pic 1) you can clearly see the appearences spheres divided in half with one side the spool color that I difined in the assembly and the other half with the part appearence. I can't modify anything, can't delete the override material, not even possible to click on it. I have checked all options and the divided shperes don't show up in the assembly featres manager, only in the drawing featres manager. I don't seem to find anything and didn't find any similar post about this issue.

Also note that sometimes when i swap between display styles of the view, some parts get shaded with the apearence and some stays colored (pic 4) and it changes randomly from parts to others sometimes even to sub-bodies of the parts.

At this stage I dont know if this is a bug or its meant to be like that (if yes thats realy dumb). Could it be related to graphic issiue??

If Anyone knows how to fix this or had similar issue before??, it would be realy hepful pls, I would like to see your sugestions.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
4 (2).PNG
1 (2).PNG
2 (2).PNG
3 (2).PNG
Marco
Answers: 2

Re: SOLIDWORKS Routing: Disable spool color in drawings

Unread post by Marco »

I made a small test here, and if I use the spools in shaded view I get the same behaviour as you. So it does not seem to be a graphic issue.
The problem with making anything foolproof..........
is that fools are so darn ingenious :)
Marco

Unread post by Marco »

I did check for you and you can change the overlay color for the spools. When you edit the spool click on the color in front of the spool name and select the white color. This should solve your problem.
image.png
LO.SOU
Answers: 0

Unread post by LO.SOU »

@Marco,

Thanks for your response, I just saw your messages.
I changed the spool color to white but still didn't work, parts appear all in white.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
Marco

Unread post by Marco »

Hi,
I did check again and you are right, I did not look properly. It changes the color to white as you say.
I did check again how to get rid of the color, but I believe there are no options for that. At least I could not find it anyway.

A work around for this could be this. Make a drawing with the complete routing, than hide all other parts beside the spool you want to display it is quite easy to select as the spool will be in a separate folder. This will show the spool with the original colors of the assembly.

Marco