Textbox "Shaking"

We're all ears.
zwei
Answers: 18

Textbox "Shaking"

Unread post by zwei »

Do anyone notice that text box is kind of "Shaking" when typing at the end of text box?
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Re: Textbox "Shaking"

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

I can't say that I have.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
matt

Unread post by matt »

Zhen-Wei Tee wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:21 pm Do anyone notice that text box is kind of "Shaking" when typing at the end of text box?
Time to lay off the coffee :D . I don't think this site even has a feature like that. Might be a feature of your browser.
zwei

Unread post by zwei »

matt wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:27 pm
Zhen-Wei Tee wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:21 pm Do anyone notice that text box is kind of "Shaking" when typing at the end of text box?
Time to lay off the coffee :D . I don't think this site even has a feature like that. Might be a feature of your browser.
Hmm, pretty sure i haven't have any coffee yet :P.
Will try with different browser (currently using chrome) and capture some video if i notice it again :lol:
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
zwei

Unread post by zwei »

So this is what happen...
Maybe shaking is not the best description :P
But it seem that it was due to the vertical text wrapping?
matt

Unread post by matt »

Is your scroll wheel on your mouse maybe rolling back a little?
zwei

Unread post by zwei »

matt wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:38 am Is your scroll wheel on your mouse maybe rolling back a little?
Don't think so
Disabled my mouse and tried again, still the same behavior

It seem to only appear on after line26...
matt

Unread post by matt »

I can't see your whole text box in the video. When you add a new line, the box increases in size, but if the box is already up against the top of the screen, maybe it's pushing back. I went over 26 lines with mine and I don't see that happening here. I'm using firefox on a desktop with a large monitor.

Maybe if you pre-stretch the text box (with the triangle in the lower right) it won't have to add lines, and will stop doing that.
zwei

Unread post by zwei »

matt wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:59 am I can't see your whole text box in the video. When you add a new line, the box increases in size, but if the box is already up against the top of the screen, maybe it's pushing back. I went over 26 lines with mine and I don't see that happening here. I'm using firefox on a desktop with a large monitor.

Maybe if you pre-stretch the text box (with the triangle in the lower right) it won't have to add lines, and will stop doing that.
Yea, you are right, it is indeed a browser related issue (currently using chrome)...
I just tried it with InternetExplorer and it work perfectly :lol:
I am ok with pre-streching the text box :), sound like a viable workaround to me. Thanks for the suggestion.