Pack and Go Failure..!

Damo
Answers: 0

Pack and Go Failure..!

Unread post by Damo »

So. Here is something I've not seen previously.
I seems I can no longer "Pack & Go" from the windows explorer RMB Context menu.
I clearly recall that I have been able to in the recent past. And I do not know when it stopped working or why.
Pack & Go Fail.png
But, if I open SW and do it directly from the File Menu Option. It does work.
Pack n Go Success.png
I have 4 versions intalled 2014, 2016, 2020 & 2021

Has anyone else experienced this?
And is there any easy fix with re-installing?

TIA Guys.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Re: Pack and Go Failure..!

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Hopefully someone else will be able to help. I haven't tried in the last few days, but the last time I tried doing a Pack and Go that way it worked fine.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Alin
Answers: 3

Unread post by Alin »

As per solution S-024615:

This can occur if the version of 'SwDocumentMgr.dll ' file located in C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\SolidWorks Shared is not correct. Compare the version that is on the PC that exhibits this problem with the version on a PC that does not have this problem.
To find the version, Right Click on the file, select Properties and go to the version tab.

If the versions are different rename the existing file to : old_SwDocumentMgr.dll
Then copy the version from the PC that does not have this problem to the PC that has the problem and test again.

Note: Both PCs should be using the same version and service pack of SolidWorks. Additionally refer to solution S-00731.
Damo

Unread post by Damo »

Alin wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:53 pm As per solution S-024615:

This can occur if the version of 'SwDocumentMgr.dll ' file located in C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\SolidWorks Shared is not correct. Compare the version that is on the PC that exhibits this problem with the version on a PC that does not have this problem.
To find the version, Right Click on the file, select Properties and go to the version tab.

If the versions are different rename the existing file to : old_SwDocumentMgr.dll
Then copy the version from the PC that does not have this problem to the PC that has the problem and test again.

Note: Both PCs should be using the same version and service pack of SolidWorks. Additionally refer to solution S-00731.
Alin.

Thank you for a very prompt reply. I am easily enough able to locate this file.
FIle Found.png
But unfortunately I have only one machine (with several versions installed)
I do not have access to another copy of this file..

Unless.. My latest installed vers is 2021 and I have only SP 1.. I will attempt to update to SP 2 (it failed last time I tried).
It is a slow process.. And so, will this process update that file..?
Damo

Unread post by Damo »

UPDATE:
Damo wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:44 pm Unless.. My latest installed vers is 2021 and I have only SP 1.. I will attempt to update to SP 2 (it failed last time I tried).
So, I updated to 2021 SP2. This seems to have fixed my RMB Context menu problem for Pack & Go. This pleases me. :D
I will work with this for the time being and see if it breaks again,..
Damo

Unread post by Damo »

But, interestingly, I attempted to take your advice, Alin, and look into this
Alin wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:53 pm Additionally refer to solution S-00731.
But I got this...
Ummmmmm...png
:shock:

Soooo, ummmm.. is anyone else having this issue.?
KevinC
Answers: 1

Unread post by KevinC »

As a side note, when I first installed SW2020 along side of SW2019, I lost PnG for SW2019.
SW2020 PnG worked fine, but I'm the only one here with SW2020 loaded (customer driven) so I couldn't use SW2020 for PnG.

Turns out SW2020 SP5 fixed it so both PnG would work.

Kevin
Damo

Unread post by Damo »

KevinC wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:26 pm As a side note, when I first installed SW2020 along side of SW2019, I lost PnG for SW2019.
SW2020 PnG worked fine, but I'm the only one here with SW2020 loaded (customer driven) so I couldn't use SW2020 for PnG.

Turns out SW2020 SP5 fixed it so both PnG would work.

Kevin
Hmmmm. I did not actually attempt doing this with any of the other/or/older versions I have installed.
It just simply did not work with my Explorer RMB Context Menu. But it did work within the Solidworks File Menu.
And, now I've updated the latest version (2021) to the latest SP, and it is working again, I now assume it is the "Latest version installed" that provides the handler for the Explorer RMB Context menu.
Interestingly, using the Explorer RMB Context Menu on older files does not update them to the newest version.. This pleasees me.
mbiasotti

Unread post by mbiasotti »

FYI - I was doing some work about a month ago with a colleague of mine on SW2019 SP2 and every time I went to do a Pn'G SW would crash. Well, as most of you know they submitted a fix for SW2020 and backported the fixed to SW2019 SP5 - Problem solved. Pn'G on my SW2019 and SW2017 are working perfectly.