Using Remote Desktop for SolidEdge

Solid Edge, Synchronous Technology, Convergent Technology, and Siemens!
Jaylin Hochstetler
Answers: 4

Using Remote Desktop for SolidEdge

Unread post by Jaylin Hochstetler »

Whenever I do work from home I use Remote Desktop which works fine with SolidWorks but when I startup SolidEdge I get this error.
image.png
But if SE is already running when I remote in it works fine. Does anyone know is this was intentionally done by SE or is there a way around it? My license file is stored on the network, should it be stored locally?
We have the same problem with MasterCam on another computer here at work.
A goal is only a wish until backed by a plan.
mattpeneguy

Re: Using Remote Desktop for SolidEdge

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

I don't know if it violates your HUL agreement to use it for work, but I believe you do get 1 HUL with each network license of SE. You could ask the VAR when you send in a support ticket for this issue.
uk_dave
Answers: 1

Unread post by uk_dave »

Assuming you are a commercial customer i.e. paying for maintenance and are using node locked licensing then switch over to cloud licensing.

Node locked licensing is intentionally blocked from being able to run through Remote Desktop. Cloud licensing does not have this restriction and will allow you to start Solid Edge remotely.
Jaylin Hochstetler

Unread post by Jaylin Hochstetler »

uk_dave wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:56 pm Assuming you are a commercial customer i.e. paying for maintenance and are using node locked licensing then switch over to cloud licensing.

Node locked licensing is intentionally blocked from being able to run through Remote Desktop. Cloud licensing does not have this restriction and will allow you to start Solid Edge remotely.
Thanks for the info! We have plans to switch to floating license which as you said will fix this issue.
A goal is only a wish until backed by a plan.