Active Noise Cancelling

SPerman
Answers: 13

Active Noise Cancelling

Unread post by SPerman »

Does anyone have any experience with active noise cancelling? We've just added 2 more CNC machines in our shop, and the noise level needs to be addressed.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Re: Active Noise Cancelling

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Noise when machining? Tool vibration?
Active Noise Cancelling means same "noise" is generated at 180 deg off phase.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

I was thinking of something like this.

https://www.silentium.com/industry-manufacturing/
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Looks like everyone get a noise canceling headphone or speaker system.
It create a zone or bubble of reduced noise.
If you're inside the zone, its quiet. When you move out of the zone, the noise come back.
Also while one is inside the zone, one can't hear anything outside. So if coworker want to talk or alarm from another machine will be missed.

Probably not good for operator. They're trained to listen to problem on the machine.
A quiet zone can be in the office but you can add sound proof panels for that.
JuTu
Answers: 1

Unread post by JuTu »

I've seen active noise cancelling headphones used in a foundry and machine shop. I think the manufacturer was either Peltor or 3M. They had a feature to enhance voice of person speaking but cancelling all that background noise, which is a good safety feature for production environment.
Sincerely,
JuTu
Answers: 0

Unread post by tsmith »

JuTu wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:37 am I've seen active noise cancelling headphones used in a foundry and machine shop. I think the manufacturer was either Peltor or 3M. They had a feature to enhance voice of person speaking but cancelling all that background noise, which is a good safety feature for production environment.
I have the 3M Peltor ProTac III, fairly cheap and super solid. Used them around a CNC and in the woodshop quite a bit, added on a bluetooth adapter so I could listen to music while running the router. The onboard noise cancelling volume controls are solid, with big buttons, and a decent range. Has an auto off feature that is somehow reactive to the db it is experiencing.

JuTu

Unread post by JuTu »

tsmith wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:13 am I have the 3M Peltor ProTac III, fairly cheap and super solid. Used them around a CNC and in the woodshop quite a bit, added on a bluetooth adapter so I could listen to music while running the router. The onboard noise cancelling volume controls are solid, with big buttons, and a decent range. Has an auto off feature that is somehow reactive to the db it is experiencing.
Exactly these - or similar, what I was after...
Sincerely,
JuTu

Unread post by HerrTick »

Besides hearing protection, it's also about stress reduction. Noise causes stress and contributes to fatigue.