Cut List properties in BOM's

Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Cut List properties in BOM's

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Hello,

I sat through the 3DX World class last Wednesday afternoon about using cut list properties in BOM's. That's something I've wanted for years, and is finally available with SW2022. I went over the What's New site, but somehow missed that.

I just used it for the first time, and it seems to work pretty well. The screenshot below is from the drawing I'm currently working on. Those are three configurations of the same Part. The first column is configuration names, the second is of course the quantity of each in the Assembly, and the last two are cut list properties.

image.png

image.png
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Bryan O
Answers: 1

Re: Cut List properties in BOM's

Unread post by Bryan O »

Hey @Glenn Schroeder,
I'm not very familiar with sheet metal but want to learn. Maybe you have some insight for me.
I've created a "weldment" in sheet metal. It's 2 bodies, tab and slot.
I want to create a drawing that includes a BOM/cutlist that list outs the bodies. (example attached)

My thinking is that this is a part that I would purchase as a weldment as a single part number.
The drawing 3 pages: "assembled" view with a BOM/cutlist and a page for each component.

Funny sideline, "cutlist" autocorrects to "cultist"
Attachments
tab and slot Example.SLDPRT
(858.17 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
tab and slot Example.SLDDRW
(313.83 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Bryan O wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:52 am Hey @Glenn Schroeder,
I'm not very familiar with sheet metal but want to learn. Maybe you have some insight for me.
I've created a "weldment" in sheet metal. It's 2 bodies, tab and slot.
I want to create a drawing that includes a BOM/cutlist that list outs the bodies. (example attached)

My thinking is that this is a part that I would purchase as a weldment as a single part number.
The drawing 3 pages: "assembled" view with a BOM/cutlist and a page for each component.

Funny sideline, "cutlist" autocorrects to "cultist"
I use cut lists often, but only for weldments (bodies created with the "Structural Member" function) and not sheet metal, so I'm probably not the best person to ask. Hopefully someone else will see this and be able to help.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Unread post by gupta9665 »

You need to update the cutlist in the model so that BOM/cutlist in the drawing is populated with required details.

If I have to purchase it as one component, then I'll simply detail them in assembled condition and provide the required flat pattern. OR I would detail individual bodies but will have only one BOM/cutlist which is on the first sheet showing assembled condition.
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger