Excited to be here

Several announcements for new users.
brandonklar
Answers: 0

Excited to be here

Unread post by brandonklar »

Hi everyone :D !

I'm excited to be here. Before the days of youtube, I learned so much from the many different solidworks forums and blogs out there.
I feel like I lucked out to be part of what seemed to be their "heyday".

I'm sad to see what has become of the solidworks official forum, so I'm excited to again be part of a forum that has the "old school" format.

It's awesome to me that this forum is headed up by Matt, who has taught me so much about Solidworks through his numerous creative outlets.

Hopefully I can continue gaining knowledge and pass some on just like was done for me.
the_h4mmer
Answers: 1

Re: Excited to be here

Unread post by the_h4mmer »

@brandonklar Welcome! I too only joined a few weeks ago and have appreciated the interactions and having the outlet (I lurked for about a year or so). If you don't mind me asking, what's your main role with Solidworks (drafter, designer, admin, etc)?
brandonklar

the_h4mmer wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:39 pm .........If you don't mind me asking, what's your main role with Solidworks (drafter, designer, admin, etc)?
I use Solidworks to design our products. If it's a production part, I make drawings for it.

If it's a simple fixture or something that is a one off thingamabob, I can 3D print it on one of our Markforged printers without having to make a drawing.

I do the Solidworks administration for the handful of seats we have as well.
the_h4mmer
Answers: 1

Unread post by the_h4mmer »

Excellent! That sounds quite familiar to my role. Curious about your Markforged printer, by chance is it the Metal X or one of the polymer based systems?
brandonklar

the_h4mmer wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:24 am Excellent! That sounds quite familiar to my role. Curious about your Markforged printer, by chance is it the Metal X or one of the polymer based systems?
We have an X2 and X7.
Polymer based.
We had been looking at Metal X, as we had a budget in that range at the end of the year, but that passed without us pulling the trigger.
I believe we are going to save up for a binderjet style solution that is a little more production ready.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Welcome to the club mate, hope you enjoy the place and can bring in some ideas and disccusion :)
HDS

Unread post by HDS »

Welcome

If you get that binder jet printer please post about it in the 3D printing section.