Crash Autorecover?

Solid Edge, Synchronous Technology, Convergent Technology, and Siemens!
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Crash Autorecover?

Unread post by jcapriotti »

I'm getting better at Sync Tech and starting to appreciate it more........but he last change was too much and SE gave up the ghost. Is there some sort of Auto-recover? I half expected it but relaunching didn't give any options.
image.png
In Solid Edge's defense, this is 2022 sp0 I believe.
image.png
image.png (3.04 KiB) Viewed 973 times
Jason
mike miller
Answers: 7

Re: Crash Autorecover?

Unread post by mike miller »

jcapriotti wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:21 pm I'm getting better at Sync Tech and starting to appreciate it more........but he last change was too much and SE gave up the ghost. Is there some sort of Auto-recover? I half expected it but relaunching didn't give any options.

image.png

In Solid Edge's defense, this is 2022 sp0 I believe.
image.png
There is an autorecover option similar to SWX. I must be superstitious because I'm *almost* convinced it caused crashes for SWX. ()
image.png
Lately whenever SE crashes it gives me the option to save all my documents as it closes...!?!? That takes 90% of the pain away from a crash. :shock:
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Re: Crash Autorecover?

Unread post by jcapriotti »

mike miller wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:30 am There is an autorecover option similar to SWX. I must be superstitious because I'm *almost* convinced it caused crashes for SWX. ()
I think when it was first implemented it was buggier with crashes. We've had it on for years. We would mostly see a crash on larger assemblies/drawings where a crash on save occurs thus the "AutoRecover" would trigger it.
mike miller wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:30 am Lately whenever SE crashes it gives me the option to save all my documents as it closes...!?!? That takes 90% of the pain away from a crash. :shock:
Didn't get that option. Guess it depends on what type of crash it is. In this case, I didn't really click on anything, I moved my mouse up to the toolbar and back and when it ran across the tree it tried to highlight the tree object. Maybe video card related.
Jason