Export Weldment/Multibody to individual IGES

Library for macros
MaineSpring
Answers: 0

Export Weldment/Multibody to individual IGES

Unread post by MaineSpring »

Have any of you all had success with a macro to export individual body IGES files from weldments, assemblies, and multi-body parts? I've found one or two macros that export .step bodies out of weldments which is close in functionality but I need a to be able to select file type (IGES in this case) and save location. I've tinkered in VBA some but this application is simply beyond my skill level. If there's already something in the forum that addresses this, I'd be grateful if you pointed me in the right direction.
zwei
Answers: 18

Re: Export Weldment/Multibody to individual IGES

Unread post by zwei »

Since you already mentioned that you had two macro that almost fit your needs, it will be easier if you share them here so that we could point out where/how to change them to suit your need.

A lot of time changing the export from STEP to IGES is just a matter of changing the file extension in the macro

As for the location, depending on your need, you could hard-coded the location in the macro or create a user form for user to input the save location.
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
MaineSpring

Thank you for your reply, Zhen. This massive macro looks like it should be very close in functionality, but I can't get it to run properly: https://www.cadforum.net/viewtopic.php?p=14464#p14464 I'd love to be able to export all my IGES from a single SLDASM file that contains multibody parts and weldments.

@mike miller and @Jaylin Hochstetler modified a Codestack VBA for DXF export that contains some good functionality such as manual target folder selection. Unfortunately this macro does not support assemblies. I'd love to add a filetype selection msgbox to simply switch to IGES export, but I don't think that would go very well since the target bodies are different. https://www.cadforum.net/viewtopic.php? ... roids#p746
MaineSpring

Also, if someone could show me how to hardcode the VBA to change the units of measure in all componenets of the assembly to MMGS, that would be amazing. I'm tired of finding exported files that didn't get changed to MMGS, but how to write a macro to run as batch is currently beyond me...