Missing created by

Discuss SolidWorks PDM
celalbayar
Answers: 0

Missing created by

Unread post by celalbayar »

I deleted unused users from admin panel.
files created by deleted people "?" looks like.
can you help me. tnx
Attachments
pdm.JPG
AlexB
Answers: 22

Re: Missing created by

Unread post by AlexB »

It should show in the file history still. The very first event is "Created" and should have the user name in there.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

That's quite odd, it should still show the creator, because it's text data that goes within the file and not a link to actual users. It's as if the file was created by a user named "?"
mp3-250
Answers: 18

Unread post by mp3-250 »

We keep deleted user to avoid this. Add (deleted) in front of their names in the admin panel.
Correct me if I am wrong, but from my understanding it is the only way to preserve the history.
Former Mechanical Engineer (UG-NX ), now a miserable SW CAD/PDM admin... debugging Solidworks since 2014. Please save me from ThE pLaTfOrM...
All the opinions are my own.
SW is bad: a fact not an opinion.
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

mp3-250 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:28 pm We keep deleted user to avoid this. Add (deleted) in front of their names in the admin panel.
Correct me if I am wrong, but from my understanding it is the only way to preserve the history.
This particular dialogue looks like a bug. Deleting a user doesn't really delete them, it just flags them as disabled in the DB and thus they no longer show up in user selection lists and a few other places. They still show in the history.
Jason