How to Add PDM System Revision column to PDM explorer

Discuss SolidWorks PDM
intamin
Answers: 0

How to Add PDM System Revision column to PDM explorer

Unread post by intamin »

I need to do exactly what this thread shows but in column form:

viewtopic.php?t=699

I want to be able to see the difference between the last PDM system rev that shows up in the history for a file (stamped rev) and the custom property / variable "revision" that shows up everywhere else (the drawing, data card, etc.).

Is this possible? Right now the Rev column just shows the "revision" variable, not the PDM system rev. I'd love to be able to see them both to make sure things are set how they should be because they keep getting out of sync on some files.

image.png
by AlexB » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:43 pm
For this I would just use two different variables and utilize one as the "working revision" and one as the "released revision".

The released revision would be set only when a document is issued and wouldn't be mapped to any file types (i.e. model custom property).

Then, you can create a column for both the working rev and the released rev. Unfortunately, the PDM revision isn't directly linkable to the column view so a workaround like this is necessary.
Go to full post
AlexB
Answers: 22

Re: How to Add PDM System Revision column to PDM explorer

Unread post by AlexB »

For this I would just use two different variables and utilize one as the "working revision" and one as the "released revision".

The released revision would be set only when a document is issued and wouldn't be mapped to any file types (i.e. model custom property).

Then, you can create a column for both the working rev and the released rev. Unfortunately, the PDM revision isn't directly linkable to the column view so a workaround like this is necessary.
intamin
Answers: 0

Re: How to Add PDM System Revision column to PDM explorer

Unread post by intamin »

AlexB wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:43 pm For this I would just use two different variables and utilize one as the "working revision" and one as the "released revision".

Yeah, that's a good workaround, I think. Thanks a lot!