Can we get "breadcrumbs" links at the bottom too?

Make suggestion to the moderators and admins of this site.
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Can we get "breadcrumbs" links at the bottom too?

Unread post by jcapriotti »

I know there is a link at the bottom of the thread to "Return" to the forum the thread is in, and there is a link to the index. But my brain, even though it knows the "Return" to the forum is there, constantly misses it. It would seem to make more sense to have the same breadcrumb link at the bottom that you have at the top. You get the ability to go back to anywhere in the forum path and it stands out more making my brain happy.
image.png
image.png (28.12 KiB) Viewed 646 times
Jason
matt
Answers: 18

Re: Can we get "breadcrumbs" links at the bottom too.

Unread post by matt »

jcapriotti wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:52 am I know there is a link at the bottom of the thread to "Return" to the forum the thread is in, and there is a link to the index. But my brain, even though it knows the "Return" to the forum is there, constantly misses it. It would seem to make more sense to have the same breadcrumb link at the bottom that you have at the top. You get the ability to go back to anywhere in the forum path and it stands out more making my brain happy.

image.png
Yeah, that's a great idea. I would have to edit a few templates to do that. We're probably going to have to limit the number of themes that allow full functionality as well. If there are say 4 or 5 templates per theme that would need this edit, that starts adding up. This will go on the to do list.

Also, remember some pages have a Jump List button at the bottom that allow you to go just about anywhere.