Don't let Draftsight Standard sub expire: No longer available to buy.

Tom G
Answers: 0

Don't let Draftsight Standard sub expire: No longer available to buy.

Unread post by Tom G »

I am very disappointed and angry. Or, I am missing something.

If you 've been paying the least bit of attention to Draftsight over the past years, you know darn well that Draftsight is no longer free. This, even though we were sold Solidworks to replace AutoCAD because it had a free DWG file editor. When that changed, even though we are paying for Premium Solidworks licenses, it was not included with our continued patronage. OK, so we sucked it up and purchased subscriptions to Draftsight Standard.

Today I am adding a new user. I go to buy a new license. ALL They offer is Professional, Premium, and Enterprise (and the Swmp version too).

We continue to pay our subs for Draftsight Standard. It still works. I just can't get an additional license of it ?!?

Do I have to contact my VAR to provide the secret handshake to purchase the product I wish to use? Is this where I should start?

Is there really no other available option (besides buying another product) than to pay 2.5x more for the bundle of features that we don't use at all?

Or, is there a way to deactivate a license on a different unused PC with Draftsight Standard on it, so that I can install what we already have onto the new PC? As a totally inconvenient workaround, I could have my user walk over to use the old PC as needed.
by AlexLachance » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:05 pm
Tom G wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:53 am I am very disappointed and angry. Or, I am missing something.

If you 've been paying the least bit of attention to Draftsight over the past years, you know darn well that Draftsight is no longer free. This, even though we were sold Solidworks to replace AutoCAD because it had a free DWG file editor. When that changed, even though we are paying for Premium Solidworks licenses, it was not included with our continued patronage. OK, so we sucked it up and purchased subscriptions to Draftsight Standard.

Today I am adding a new user. I go to buy a new license. ALL They offer is Professional, Premium, and Enterprise (and the Swmp version too).

We continue to pay our subs for Draftsight Standard. It still works. I just can't get an additional license of it ?!?

Do I have to contact my VAR to provide the secret handshake to purchase the product I wish to use? Is this where I should start?

Is there really no other available option (besides buying another product) than to pay 2.5x more for the bundle of features that we don't use at all?

Or, is there a way to deactivate a license on a different unused PC with Draftsight Standard on it, so that I can install what we already have onto the new PC? As a totally inconvenient workaround, I could have my user walk over to use the old PC as needed.
I'm not the least surprised to be honest. I've decided to remove myself from their platform and am talking with my boss about cutting off our subscription. Maybe once people stop sending checks they'll start waking up.

This is on their website. I'm sure Standard merged with Professional, but Professional's price didn't drop.
image.png
Go to full post
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: Seriously?! Is there no Draftsight Standard available?

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Tom G wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:53 am I am very disappointed and angry. Or, I am missing something.

I'm not the least surprised to be honest. I've decided to remove myself from their platform and am talking with my boss about cutting off our subscription. Maybe once people stop sending checks they'll start waking up.

This is on their website. I'm sure Standard merged with Professional, but Professional's price didn't drop.
image.png
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

As a totally inconvenient workaround, I could have my user walk over to use the old PC as needed.
Send them to VAR and use their computer.

Not sure if you can "cheat" with a VM .....
Tom G
Answers: 0

Unread post by Tom G »

Well smack my head. Things get worse. Of course they do.
I did call my VAR, which acquired my former VAR. Now I know who my rep is anyway, which I haven't known for almost a year.

I did read somewhere in my investigations that when you receive the email from Cleverbridge to inform you of an imminent subscription renewal, that you can ask them to expand the subscription to provide an additional quantity of licenses to renew. Too bad that this next occurrence for me will be in January. I have no idea how they can do this with a shelved product, but hey, their website is full of misinformation and empty claims.