Search tool or .CRP Report for File status?

Installation, PDM, standards, training, support, part numbering, rev schemes, etc.
kai1414
Answers: 0

Search tool or .CRP Report for File status?

Unread post by kai1414 »

I've had a request from a PM to have a status report that's essentially a snapshot in time of files on a given date. They would like to freeze frame the file conditions whenever they need it. Not all the files have Revisions set, and as such, the current file version would be useful data. I haven't seen a way to extract this data in the search tool with a custom search card. I don't see a variable for version that's accessible. I believe it could be done with a .crp report file but SQL isn't my thing and I'm hitting a roadblock being allowed read-only user access to SSMS to build it using the visual tool.

Any thoughts, suggestions or maybe even reports that someone has built that would do a similar thing?
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Re: Search tool or .CRP Report for File status?

Unread post by jcapriotti »

What data do you want to see in the report?
Jason
kai1414
Answers: 0

Unread post by kai1414 »

I believe they are looking for the following:

Report that will:
- prompt user to select/browse to the starting folder.
- prompt user to enter file name pattern (or wildcard). ex %.slddrw or simply %.%

Fields:

File Name, FilePath, Revision, Latest/Current File Version, Date, User (responsible for latest version), version comment, Current State, Workflow Name, Checked out By, Document ID
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

The sql report route will take some doing. You can do some of it out of the box with a search card and custom column set. There isn't an option to add the file's "Workflow" in the column, nor latest user.

You mentioned date range so I added that to the search. In this pic you can see I put in all files before today. Drawing 100000 shows the date in the columns for version 9. However the data card at the bottom always displays the data of the version locally cached.....or latest if nothing is cached.
image.png
Jason