Affinity Publisher, Designer, Photo 2.0

For cross-CAD, learning, and maybe a little friendly competition.
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Affinity Publisher, Designer, Photo 2.0

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

I think it was @jcapriotti that recommended Publisher a while back for project documentation. And I've been using it with good results. It's a helluva lot better than word. Good news is version 2 includes embedding dwgs. They say if the dwg changes it updates in the document.

My wife has a Cricut so Designer is great for crearing or modifying vector graphics.

I'm not a photographer but I'm impressed with Photo.

Anyway, if you need any 2 of the above, with the release of version 2 they have a 40% off promotion. So you can get all 3 for $100.

When I get a chance I'm upgrading. They added some features that sound to be very useful.
Here's their info on the new features:

https://affinityspotlight.com/article/5 ... blisher-2/

@matt if this is the wrong place for this let me know or move it. I get no money from the company. I'm just impressed with their products and find they do what I need for an exceptional 1 time price.
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Re: Affinity Publisher, Designer, Photo 2.0

Unread post by jcapriotti »

These tools are excellent. I'm sure the die hard day to day Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator warriors could pick them apart but much like the mid range CAD tools.....you get 90% of the functionality for a fraction of the cost.
Jason
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

I might get the company to buy a licence so I can create some advertisement with it, it's a pretty reasonable price if it does work as well as PhotoShop and ImageReady do. I used those back when I was in high school to design banners for websites and signature images for users.
mattpeneguy

AlexLachance wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:48 am I might get the company to buy a licence so I can create some advertisement with it, it's a pretty reasonable price if it does work as well as PhotoShop and ImageReady do. I used those back when I was in high school to design banners for websites and signature images for users.
Like @jcapriotti, I'm impressed with how well the software works. Obviously there's a little learning curve, but there are some good videos put out by the developers to get you started. It wasn't completely intuitive for me because it works different than CAD. But, if I can figure it out I know you can.

If you had to choose between the 3 for that type of work, you should probably choose Designer. It's the vector based tool. But for the price, all 3 for $100 you also get the photo editor and Publisher, which for documentation is pretty darn good. On the forums people complain about it lacking some functionality, but it's 1/10th the cost of software with that functionality. It's a real value.

I'm afraid what's going to happen is that they'll raise their prices soon. It happened with MathCAD and Bluebeam Revu. Both of which were very affordable at one time.
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

mattpeneguy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:01 pm I'm afraid what's going to happen is that they'll raise their prices soon. It happened with MathCAD and Bluebeam Revu. Both of which were very affordable at one time.
I have v1 of all 3 softwares and haven't purchased the upgrade yet. They did raise the prices for v2 from $50 to $70.......but they run sales at different times per year. I purchased v1 on a Black Friday sale that was 50% off so $25 each.
Jason
mattpeneguy

jcapriotti wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:07 am I have v1 of all 3 softwares and haven't purchased the upgrade yet. They did raise the prices for v2 from $50 to $70.......but they run sales at different times per year. I purchased v1 on a Black Friday sale that was 50% off so $25 each.
Interesting. I was watching one of their videos and you can import dwgs into Publisher and turn off layers directly within Publisher. You can do the same with PDFs. Depending on your workflow and what you use Publisher to do, it could be a nice feature.