Sheet metal curve with flanges

Solid Edge, Synchronous Technology, Convergent Technology, and Siemens!
Halasox
Answers: 0

Sheet metal curve with flanges

Unread post by Halasox »

Hello,

Looking to create such curve in solid edge, but not sure if this is possible o[ . I don't see a way of adding flanges to a curve and to flatten it later. Any ideas if solid edge is capable of this?

Thanks
image.png
by matt » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:18 pm
Here's a little video on how to do it. You just have to use the Curve selection options in the Contour Flange Command Bar. Plus, you have to use a sketched flange. I don't think you can just pull a set of straight flanges around a curve. The bad part of that is that it's an extra step. The good part is that you can make more complex flanges easily.

Go to full post
matt
Answers: 18

Re: Sheet metal curve with flanges

Unread post by matt »

Here's a little video on how to do it. You just have to use the Curve selection options in the Contour Flange Command Bar. Plus, you have to use a sketched flange. I don't think you can just pull a set of straight flanges around a curve. The bad part of that is that it's an extra step. The good part is that you can make more complex flanges easily.

Halasox
Answers: 0

Re: Sheet metal curve with flanges

Unread post by Halasox »

Hi Matt,

Looks like SE has one button for everything vs SW ten buttons for same thing 🤣. Yes, it's one step more than in SW but it feels more stable to work when it comes to curves. Just need now to figure out now how to have a curve like this with the flanges but following a spiral. And thanks for the video!

Best