Solid Edge classic vs premium perpetual license

Solid Edge, Synchronous Technology, Convergent Technology, and Siemens!
Halasox
Answers: 0

Solid Edge classic vs premium perpetual license

Unread post by Halasox »

Is SE premium worth it over the classic package if you don't need simulation, electric, piping? And is PMI, 2D Nesting included in both?
image.png
by matt » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:57 pm
Depends on if you need point cloud. Easy way to figure it out is get Classic, and if you find you're missing something you need, I'm sure its easy to upgrade, where going the other direction is probably less easy.

PMI would be included in everything, but I don't think 2D nesting comes with the software at all. You'd have to get a manufacturing package for that. I'm not 100% sure on that, but you've gone a week without an answer.
Go to full post
matt
Answers: 18

Re: Solid Edge classic vs premium perpetual license

Unread post by matt »

Depends on if you need point cloud. Easy way to figure it out is get Classic, and if you find you're missing something you need, I'm sure its easy to upgrade, where going the other direction is probably less easy.

PMI would be included in everything, but I don't think 2D nesting comes with the software at all. You'd have to get a manufacturing package for that. I'm not 100% sure on that, but you've gone a week without an answer.
Halasox
Answers: 0

Unread post by Halasox »

matt wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:57 pm Depends on if you need point cloud. Easy way to figure it out is get Classic, and if you find you're missing something you need, I'm sure its easy to upgrade, where going the other direction is probably less easy.

Thanks for your input on that! Have you used "NX Mach Advantage" maybe? It's similar to the SE classic price but a very basic package of NX and I'm not sure if you can do normal CAD work in it.
KennyG
Answers: 7

Unread post by KennyG »

If you need a single function from Premium that Classic is missing such as the example of "Point Cloud", you can add on a license for just that function with Classic. You do not need to purchase Premium to get it. This is especially useful when supporting many users with concurrent floating network licenses as you don't need the same number of Point Cloud licenses as you do SE licenses as it will "float" to whomever needs it at a specific time.
Jaylin Hochstetler
Answers: 4

Unread post by Jaylin Hochstetler »

KennyG wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:46 am If you need a single function from Premium that Classic is missing such as the example of "Point Cloud", you can add on a license for just that function with Classic. You do not need to purchase Premium to get it. This is especially useful when supporting many users with concurrent floating network licenses as you don't need the same number of Point Cloud licenses as you do SE licenses as it will "float" to whomever needs it at a specific time.
We use that for our Simulation. Works great! We have one license and then you check out the license when you need it.
A goal is only a wish until backed by a plan.