Probably taking a break!?

List your openings or availability here
berg_lauritz
Answers: 6

Probably taking a break!?

Unread post by berg_lauritz »

My last day at my current company Triple E RV will be tomorrow 12th of January 2023. I might work remotely for a while - or not.

As I will move back to Germany and I do not yet have a job lined up this might be it for now. I am unsure if I will keep working with SolidWorks or any other CAD program.

Anyways... I might come back to Canada in the future, who knows!

I had a great time here and thank you for all your input! I truly enjoyed it.

Also: I'm open to job offers!
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: Probably taking a break!?

Unread post by AlexLachance »

berg_lauritz wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:35 pm My last day at my current company Triple E RV will be tomorrow 12th of January 2023. I might work remotely for a while - or not.

As I will move back to Germany and I do not yet have a job lined up this might be it for now. I am unsure if I will keep working with SolidWorks or any other CAD program.

You're welcome back to Canada anytime Berg! Enjoy the time off!
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

berg_lauritz wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:35 pm My last day at my current company Triple E RV will be tomorrow 12th of January 2023. I might work remotely for a while - or not.
Good luck on the remote jobs, they are drying up as companies force people back in the office. We are back to 5 days as week, even though everyone I support is scattered to 4 locations with only about 15-20% where I'm located, and I spend hours each morning in global meetings online. I basically sit in my office all day and speak to no one.

The ironic thing here is our global IT is pushing us to outsource local jobs more to other countries. Yet we are required to be in the office? <()>
Jason
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

I just saw this thread. Bummed out to hear you might not be around the forum as much. If you could entertain moving to Wisconsin please look us up! I'm still trying to help my boss hire my replacement.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Also: I'm open to job offers!
I'm not clear on whether you moving back to Germany is dependent on getting a job here, but the last two people they've hired here to take over when I retire have been moved on to do other work when people left. While they haven't said anything about hiring someone else, they need to. I don't have any immediate plans to retire, but I'll be 62 soon, and don't plan to work forever.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"