Automatic Page Refesh?

We're all ears.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Automatic Page Refesh?

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

I generally follow this forum from the "New Posts" page. If I go to one of the Discussions, and then go back, it returns to the "New Posts" page as it was before I went to the new page. Is there any way to have it refresh automatically, similar to the way the Discussion or Questions page on the old forum would?
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
matt
Answers: 18

Re: Automatic Page Refesh?

Unread post by matt »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:43 am I generally follow this forum from the "New Posts" page. If I go to one of the Discussions, and then go back, it returns to the "New Posts" page as it was before I went to the new page. Is there any way to have it refresh automatically, similar to the way the Discussion or Questions page on the old forum would?
I think there is a way for me to do it, but it would greatly increase the load on the server, especially once things really get going around here. Hitting F5 will do it when you want it.

There are some browser extensions that do it. You can set a refresh interval.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

It's not worth adding the load to the server, but thanks for checking. It was just a little thing.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:52 am It's not worth adding the load to the server, but thanks for checking. It was just a little thing.
Here's the extension I use in Chrome.
image.png
Jason
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:43 am I generally follow this forum from the "New Posts" page. If I go to one of the Discussions, and then go back, it returns to the "New Posts" page as it was before I went to the new page. Is there any way to have it refresh automatically, similar to the way the Discussion or Questions page on the old forum would?
I follow it from the "unread posts" under the quick links drop down.
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
Jaylin Hochstetler
Answers: 4

Unread post by Jaylin Hochstetler »

dpihlaja wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:47 am
I follow it from the "unread posts" under the quick links drop down.
Same here.
A goal is only a wish until backed by a plan.