Combining bends in SolidWorks

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
azreal1031
Answers: 0

Combining bends in SolidWorks

Unread post by azreal1031 »

Hello everyone! I have been STUMPED and apparently in dire need of help. My fabrication shop has decided to put bend table in our drawings to help new press operators get adapted to the work and environment. I've done multiple ones and finally ran into a problem. We separate the bends by letters in the flat pattern. There's a particular shroud we do that has two technically separate bends, but both bends are done at the same time (I'll include a picture with the bends highlighted), and I'm stuck on how to combine them to not be bend "A" and bend "B", but both be A. I know that I can manually separate everything in the drawing, but that takes time and this will be a reoccurring problem, so I would rather find a better, more permanent solution.
Bend table in case that helps the solution
Bend table in case that helps the solution
The drawing file. The tabs at the top, "A" and "B" need to change to "A" for both
The drawing file. The tabs at the top, "A" and "B" need to change to "A" for both
The bends in question are highlighted
The bends in question are highlighted
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi
azreal1031
Answers: 0

Re: Combining bends in SolidWorks

Unread post by azreal1031 »

Switch the text for the top picture and bottom
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi