Problems exporting Flat-Patterns to DXF from Multi-Body part

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
DLZ_SWX_User
Answers: 0

Problems exporting Flat-Patterns to DXF from Multi-Body part

Unread post by DLZ_SWX_User »

Good day friends,

I am having an issue that I have not run across in my 1½ years of CAD work. I am currently using Solidworks 2022 SP 5.0. I have created quite a few parts, Multi-Body parts, Assemblies, and a few drawings. But I cannot export the DXF in my normal work flow. I normally use a macro that was originally created by @Alin and was modified by @Jaylin Hochstetler . When I first ran it on this part my solidworks crashed & closed. So I tried to manually create what I needed & the same thing happened. I was able, in this case, to get what I need (I believe) by exporting a face. (No bend lines so everything was good in that respect).

I have since then created other parts both single & Multi-Body parts & everything works on those but not on this particular part.

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
Long Conveyor.SLDPRT
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 42 times
AlexB
Answers: 22

Re: Problems exporting Flat-Patterns to DXF from Multi-Body part

Unread post by AlexB »

I was able to reproduce your issue, but afterward went in and toggled each sheet metal body to flatten and unflatten and re-exported and everything seemed to work fine after that. Strange behavior for sure
DLZ_SWX_User

Thanks

I believe I understand what you did. I just tried it & crashed my program again. I do have my VAR on the issue but they have had the part most of the week & I haven't heard anything back. I also tried to do the flatten by unsuppressing each Flat-Pattern & then suppressing it & I still crashed solidworks.
image.png
AlexB
Answers: 22

Unread post by AlexB »

DLZ_SWX_User wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:38 am Thanks

I believe I understand what you did. I just tried it & crashed my program again. I do have my VAR on the issue but they have had the part most of the week & I haven't heard anything back. I also tried to do the flatten by unsuppressing each Flat-Pattern & then suppressing it & I still crashed solidworks.

image.png
I attached the modified one that worked for me. All I did was toggle the flatten for each one and save the assembly.
Attachments
Long Conveyor.SLDPRT
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 37 times
DLZ_SWX_User

Thanks,

I got what I need. :D
Jaylin Hochstetler
Answers: 4

Unread post by Jaylin Hochstetler »

Sorry, I didn't see this post till now, @DLZ_SWX_User. I don't recall seeing that behavior before. I'm glad you were able to figure something out.

FYI, we moved to SolidEdge so my knowledge in SW is waning... And my knowledge in SE api is increasing...
A goal is only a wish until backed by a plan.