Purchasing Solidedge

Solid Edge, Synchronous Technology, Convergent Technology, and Siemens!
sorekllc
Answers: 0

Purchasing Solidedge

Unread post by sorekllc »

Hello,

Is the only way to purchase Solidedge is through a monthly payment program? I am a nomadic designer, do not have internet 24/7/365. I am purchasing a new system, have it local and purchase the yearly maintenance or not. I am looking at Ironcad or Solidedge, migrating from older version of Solidworks. I do not want to deal with "the cloud", or verifying my lic all the time over the net.

Is there such thing is a one time buy with yearly maintenance optional after the first years?

Thanks

Matt
KennyG
Answers: 7

Re: Purchasing Solidedge

Unread post by KennyG »

Solid Edge can be purchased as perpetual or subscription, and can be licensed as Node Locked, Floating Concurrent, or Named User (cloud).

Siemens is pushing subscriptions so that is what they lead with, but those can be monthly, yearly or for 3 years I believe and has nothing to do with how it is licensed.

Would probably be a good idea to contact a partner as it sounds like you are looking on the online store which is limited to the Named User license and subscription as the only option.

You can find the partners at the link below. Just set the filters to "Purchase products or solutions" and "Solid Edge" and put in your location.
https://partnerfinder.plm.automation.siemens.com/

Not sure where you are located, but we are in the US midwest and some Solid Edge strong partners are Prolim (our partner), Swoosh, and DesignFusion.