Advance BOM with Drawing View

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Jacomuller
Answers: 0

Advance BOM with Drawing View

Unread post by Jacomuller »

We manufacture Tow bars for all vehicles. The Top level assembly consist of between 8 and 20 parts. All parts are very simple Laser cut and bend sheet metal or Tube laser and bend RHS. As part of our drawing package for each part, we create a view "MW-View" on a sheet which include enough information for the production team.

I now want to create a macro that will do the following. With the top level Assembly open, when you run the macro:
  • It will create a new drawing
    Step through all the parts in the assembly.
    for each part, it will copy the "MW-View"
    Past the view in the new drawing.
the logic of this is, with the click of a button, one drawing with technical info about each part will be created.

I have attached a sample of our manual created drawing. It is currently a manual operation and people sometimes forget some parts or use the wring configuration.

I know, I can export the any Solidworks BOM to EXCEL and include a thumbnail, this would be fine, but I don't want the thumbnail, I want a specific View on a drawing.

I have done a Macro that would step through all the parts in the Assembly and export the DXF file to a specific folder.
Attachments
T7P848 MW-09.PDF
(91.24 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Re: Advance BOM with Drawing View

Unread post by gupta9665 »

You can look at this macro and use codes form it: https://www.3dcontentcentral.com/Search ... ?id=807151
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger
Jacomuller

Thanks, I missed your answer before - got side tracked :) I can use parts of it but it will still need a few major steps.
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Unread post by gupta9665 »

Jacomuller wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:36 pm Thanks, I missed your answer before - got side tracked :) I can use parts of it but it will still need a few major steps.
I'm working on building an add-in (paid) for a customer with similar requirements. When finished I will share a video of how it works.
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger
Jacomuller

Thanks, I will have a look at it when your done :)