which contact is reffered

Talk about software, techniques, results, math, hardware, settings, etc...
Assis As
Answers: 0

which contact is reffered

Unread post by Assis As »

hi

here we have pin in slot , which contact should i use ?
matt
Answers: 18

Re: which contact is reffered

Unread post by matt »

Electrical contact? Mechanical contact? Email contact? What are you going to use it for? A little context please?
Assis As

I want to implement contact set no penetration but i am confused about selecting source and target
jayar
Answers: 2

Unread post by jayar »

Assis As wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:11 pm I want to implement contact set no penetration but i am confused about selecting source and target
It doesn't make much difference (if I am understanding correctly what you are trying to do). I presume you are fixing that clevis (purple) and applying some force to the pin (grey). The contact is the inner surface of the hole and outer surface of the pin.
Assis As

YES exactly , thank you for clearing and one more thing is there any difference between contact set and component contact ??
jayar

Unread post by jayar »

Assis As wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:16 am YES exactly , thank you for clearing and one more thing is there any difference between contact set and component contact ??
As I understand a contact set is between one surface and another, for example, when I analyze a pin and a clevis (straight pull) I will split the surfaces so I have no more than a 90° contact and I will enforce a non-pen between the pin and hole on the opposite side (the pin isn't glued in to the hole and can 'break away' from the surface.)

In component contact SWX should identify any and all surfaces which may be in contact and react accordingly.
Assis As

Thats nice information , if I do not split surface of pin what will happen , if I do split what will be benefit of split ?
jayar

Unread post by jayar »

Assis As wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:58 pm Thats nice information , if I do not split surface of pin what will happen , if I do split what will be benefit of split ?
Oops, sorry I didn't see your question until today. When you split the surface of the pin/hole you can choose which surfaces to be non-penetrating. If you do not do this then the 'back' side of the hole will "stick" to the pin and tend to pull it back - something which doesn't occur IRL. This also allows you to determine your intended bearing surface of the hole, be it 90° or 60° or something else.
Assis As

thank you i got it