PDM Dashboard

Discuss SolidWorks PDM
JSculley
Answers: 54

PDM Dashboard

Unread post by JSculley »

Several years ago, probably in the old forum, I recall someone posting that they had created a PDM dashboard of sorts where one could see a summary of things about various files. For example, if you had an ECO workflow, you could see a dashboard of how many ECOs were complete, or in process or whatever. Something beyond a simple PDM search.

I have a need for something like that and I was hoping to find the original post to see if it had any information on how the user implemented this. I have a few ideas but would like to find that original post to see if I'm on the right track.

Does anyone else remember the post or am I misremembering?
AlexB
Answers: 22

Re: PDM Dashboard

Unread post by AlexB »

I'm actually in the early stages of developing something like this myself for our internal processes. I'd be curious to see this post you mention as well if someone else knows where it is.

My approach right now is to build a PDM add-in that will launch the tool from the "Tools" drop-down menu. Currently I have the logic to get the window to open/close, but there's no UI yet. Just some console output to verify that I can get the data I need to display.
JSculley
Answers: 54

Re: PDM Dashboard

Unread post by JSculley »

After a a little more searching, I'm pretty sure it was probably Tim Webb. It's basically his specialty and it looks like it's just

1. Write a database query
2. Hook it up to your data visualizer (Excel, .NET, Prometheus, etc) of choice.