Solidworks Subscription Item of Note.....

Arthur NY
Answers: 0

Solidworks Subscription Item of Note.....

Unread post by Arthur NY »

I first thought about including this in the thread about going off subscription but then I didn't want it getting lost in the sauce as it is an important item of note.

Within any major release year (i.e. Solidworks 2023, 2024...etc) if you go off subscription and lets say you're on SP 1.0 and that there is a regression issue or a bug that is not supposed to be in the software and has been rectified in a later SP then you are owed that update. They have to give it to you even if you are not on subscription.

As a whole I do agree that this strong arm tactic that DDS is doing is such a far cry from the days of old when each release actually added some much needed functionality. If you did a comparative analysis of Solidworks 2002 vs 2012 and then 2012 vs 2022 there would be a much bigger jump in the first comparison than the second. This isn't to say that there's nothing new that's been put into the software from 2012-2022 it's just not as ground breaking or additional items added that warrant the same cost or even increase in cost of staying on subscription. And VAR's are filled with noobies on tech support that just got out of college and know less about industry than most users calling in with an issue. There are still a few mom and pop VAR's around but for the most part the big guys dwarf them and cover waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much area and have not properly scaled up tech support to helped existing clients transition.
doobes
Answers: 1

Re: Solidworks Subscription Item of Note.....

Unread post by doobes »

Well, this might be true, but good luck getting them to even admit that there was a regression, much less provide you with a non-subscription update.
chris
mp3-250
Answers: 18

Re: Solidworks Subscription Item of Note.....

Unread post by mp3-250 »

still pay in full, but basic features like sensors (or another dozen of things) are still broken and almost unusable