A few SE questions

Solid Edge, Synchronous Technology, Convergent Technology, and Siemens!
Ronan
Answers: 0

A few SE questions

Unread post by Ronan »

1) Is there a setting to automatically set new dimensions to locked? Several times now I have been caught out by forgetting to click the padlock symbol directly to the right of a dimension.

2)Is there a way to do a rectangular or circular pattern in a sketch of selected sketch entities?

3)Can a component have different colours assigned to it? eg I want a red , yellow and blue version of a component. Could this be done with family tables (equivalent of SW configurations or display states). Or could different instances of a component be assigned different colours in an assembly?

4)If I select 2 components in and assembly can I directly see their adjoining mates (if the have any)?

I an practicing using synchronous. Getting there step by step.
Ideas are simple, once you've thought of them
KennyG
Answers: 7

Re: A few SE questions

Unread post by KennyG »

Ronan wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:23 pm 1) Is there a setting to automatically set new dimensions to locked? Several times now I have been caught out by forgetting to click the padlock symbol directly to the right of a dimension.
IBefore placing the Dim, hit the padlock to lock. It will stay that way until you unlock it. This obviously does not work when editing an already placed dimension.

2)Is there a way to do a rectangular or circular pattern in a sketch of selected sketch entities?
Yes, but everything needs to be inclusive to the Sketch you are creating the pattern in. You cannot create a pattern in Sketch B of another Sketch A for instance.

3)Can a component have different colours assigned to it? eg I want a red , yellow and blue version of a component. Could this be done with family tables (equivalent of SW configurations or display states). Or could different instances of a component be assigned different colours in an assembly?
Family of Part generates a file for each member, so this is completely possible to do with it by editing each published member and changing it's face style. By the way, Part Painter will allow "painting" different features/faces different colors too. You can also change each occurrence of the same part in an assembly to a different face style (color).

4)If I select 2 components in and assembly can I directly see their adjoining mates (if the have any)?
No, but if you select a single component, you can see it's relationships in the bottom of pathfinder and it will tell you the occurrence name of the component it is to and hovering over the entry will highlight the paired faces/elements.

I an practicing using synchronous. Getting there step by step.
Ronan1961
Answers: 0

Re: A few SE questions

Unread post by Ronan1961 »

KennyG wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:48 pm
Thanks for the tips.

Ok I experimented some more on pattern in a sketch. It appears to be possible only in ordered mode. I am surprised that the pcd circles don't appear as a dashed type line.
image.png
image.png (33.34 KiB) Viewed 525 times