Need feedback on new software

For cross-CAD, learning, and maybe a little friendly competition.
n-radchenko
Answers: 0

Need feedback on new software

Unread post by n-radchenko »

Greetings All,

Full disclosure: I am the Chief Product guy in a startup. We're building an online platform that streamlines collaboration between 3D designers and engineers through features such as secure model sharing, annotations, proofing, and more.

I could use some advice from CAD professionals. If you're interested in the solution and would like to take part in a Customer Development interview, please PM me, or reply here in the thread and I will schedule a session. I promise this:
- I am not selling anything (nothing yet to sell :lol: ),
- You will be among the first ones who see the product and will have an impact on its future,
- We will be providing free access to our Early Adopters once the platform goes live mid-2023.

For those who are not ready to do the interviews, I will be posting some screens from the product in a couple of weeks from now, once we get all the UI controls sorted. This way we can have some discussions online.

The company name is Sibe.io, and so is the Website. I can be found on LinkedIn and Facebook as "Nikolay Radchenko" and I have the company in my profiles.
Cheers!
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: Need feedback on new software

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Greetings Nikolay,

What would be the benefits of using this said platform compared to using a dropbox? From my understanding, it would be a sort of viewer?
n-radchenko

Hi Alex,

This is a spot-on question, thank you!

From our talks with 3D designers, we've learned that they will quite often share files via DropBox, Google Drive, etc. and then exchange comments via email. When a non-designer is involved (e.g., you send something to a Project Manager), they will also prepare snapshots or GIFs so that no 3D editor is needed to review.

Our goal is to take out all of manual steps.

You share your model right from the editor (we already have working plugins for some of them), your reviewers get notified, their comments stick right to the model. They can also compare the two versions of the model online to see what was changed, added, or deleted.

Next, we're planning on integration with source control and task trackers, to introduce as little of new GUI to our customers as possible.

All in all, let me know if you want to see the demo :)
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

It sounds like a pretty fun and interactive tool but unfortunately I think it would lack what the snapshots and GIF's bring into the picture; the bigger picture.

For instance, if a company was to send me something to install on a trailer, I'd still have to take the uploaded file and assemble it on another software with a trailer to then be able to provide the desired snapshots/gif's of what needs to change.

I don't really see a need on our end to be honest, especially when it comes to confidential stuff. The least intermediaries there are, the better it generally is.
n-radchenko

I appreciate the honesty, Alex, so thank you!

Indeed, if you were to edit the file, or combine it with other models, using the dedicated editor is a much better choice. By the way, may I ask you what editor are you using now? I see products like Onshape or Shapr3D which have both CAD and sharing modules. Also, do you use any PDM/PLM, or just the editor?

Two extra points from me:
- We pay attention to security of intellectual property, so we have invitation-only access which is defined by Tenant. Effectively, even the Sibe Admin does not have access to tenant data. I believe this is a more secure scheme than the file sharing service.
- Whenever you want to redline something (scribble on a drawing or model to illustrate your thought), the default option is to just Print Screen and then use Paint. In my 22 years of IT career I've done this countless times. But what if you had the option to scribble right on the 3D assembly and then have your supplier look at the 3D? Wouldn't it save some extra steps?

Cheers!
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

"The connection to sibe.io is not secure
You are seeing this warning because this site does not support HTTPS."
n-radchenko

Frederick_Law wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:09 pm "The connection to sibe.io is not secure
You are seeing this warning because this site does not support HTTPS."
Hey Frederick, thank you! Could you please describe what browser/OS you are using? I cannot reproduce on Win11 Edge and Chrome.
len_1962

Unread post by len_1962 »

you should have made an offer to purchase the Workbench portion of Grab CAD, that they killed off June 1st, 2023.