Linkedin AI generated content

jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Linkedin AI generated content

Unread post by jcapriotti »

https://www.linkedin.com/advice/3/what- ... 648&trk=fs
image.png
At least they didn't hide it. The text made me realize something I recall from the Dilbert Principle book. AI is an actor known as "Master of the Obvious".

Summary of the article "What are some of the challenges or limitations of CAD/CAM manufacturing processes?"
  • CAD/CAM software needs to be compatible and kept up to date.
  • Manufacturing hardware needs to be reliable.
  • Users need skills and training to be effective.
  • Cost is related to complexity and must be managed.
  • Technology can be used for evil, beware. (I'm looking at you AI)
  • Stay trendy and up to date or be left behind. (Ok, this is conditional)
<()>

This article reads like gobbledygook word salad, and it's becoming the norm. 18 more years until retirement...I wonder if I can squeeze it down to 10.
Jason
bnemec
Answers: 10

Re: Linkedin AI generated content

Unread post by bnemec »

jcapriotti wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:58 pm "Master of the Obvious".

. . .

This article reads like gobbledygook word salad, and it's becoming the norm. 18 more years until retirement...I wonder if I can squeeze it down to 10.
So you're saying it's ready for marketing pubs?
jcapriotti

bnemec wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:02 pm So you're saying it's ready for marketing pubs?
Are you insulting AI?
Jason
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

A couple of months ago I tested the ChatGPT to try a few examples and see what it was capable of. In particular I was worried that it was going to read a book (like one of mine) and then know everything that I know. Fortunately, it didn't turn out to be that way. I asked specific questions, and it gave me stunningly basic and generic responses. In fact, it usually doesn't even directly answer your question, it just tells you how to find the answer.

Social media (and regular commercial media) is going to have to EXPLICITLY label anything that was generated in full or in part using responses from AI, and they are going to have to identify WHICH AI, because all these things will not be created equal to be sure.

I don't think we have anything to worry about with AI, as long as we know what to ignore, how to pull the plug on it, and how to block AI junk from nefarious sources. The internet should have already inoculated us all against believing anything we see or read.

AI may have the effect of weaning us all off the addictive digital teat, back to other less easily corruptible sources of information.
jcapriotti

matt wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:35 pm The internet should have already inoculated us all against believing anything we see or read.
Should've but apparently not......just look at the state of our politics right now. Left or right, people believe all kinds of crazy stuff that is posted. The tiktok short form video are even worse as there isn't any context to a 15 second video clip.
matt wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:35 pm AI may have the effect of weaning us all off the addictive digital teat, back to other less easily corruptible sources of information.
One could hope. Almost feels like the internet has become dominated by the National Enquirer quality of information. I'm sure there's a story out there that Biden is the son of Bigfoot and Nessie with the AI generated footage of his birth to back it up. And a following of believers to go with it.
Jason
RichGergely
Answers: 0

Unread post by RichGergely »

jcapriotti wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:58 pm https://www.linkedin.com/advice/3/what- ... 648&trk=fs

image.png

At least they didn't hide it. The text made me realize something I recall from the Dilbert Principle book. AI is an actor known as "Master of the Obvious".

Summary of the article "What are some of the challenges or limitations of CAD/CAM manufacturing processes?"
  • CAD/CAM software needs to be compatible and kept up to date.
  • Manufacturing hardware needs to be reliable.
  • Users need skills and training to be effective.
  • Cost is related to complexity and must be managed.
  • Technology can be used for evil, beware. (I'm looking at you AI)
  • Stay trendy and up to date or be left behind. (Ok, this is conditional)
<()>

I could do with some AI generated content on Linkedin. The site has turned into total nonsense garbage but it would appear that there is a audience for it (Covid turned it into some kind of weird social media site). I could get AI to trawl news & social media, find something nice and cuddly and it will post it for me. The material would apparently be close to my heart but the mind numbing process of truly doing it has saved my sanity.
jcapriotti

RichGergely wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:16 pm I could do with some AI generated content on Linkedin. The site has turned into total nonsense garbage but it would appear that there is a audience for it (Covid turned it into some kind of weird social media site). I could get AI to trawl news & social media, find something nice and cuddly and it will post it for me. The material would apparently be close to my heart but the mind numbing process of truly doing it has saved my sanity.
I don't disagree there. LinkedIn is supposed to be a professional career related social media site yet it's turned into Facebook2 with people posting their religious views, political views, memes (not work related), etc. If they tied those things into how it can help you career or metal well being during a stress career phase it would be fine. Instead its just another soapbox for people to shout from.

Imagine if some company showed up at SolidWorks World and start touting stuff no one was there to hear? Oh wait....think that already happened. ;;
Jason
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Which one is worse?
Human fake new or AI fake news?

Search YouTube for "Green Text", you'll lose all hope for humanity.
Video of some robo-voice reading post from 4Chan.

Yea, write some garbage, let robo-voice read it. Make a video and people will subscript.