Nine robots held a press conference

Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Nine robots held a press conference

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/hum ... n-creators

Robots told reporters Friday they could be more efficient leaders than humans, but wouldn’t take anyone’s job away and had no intention of rebelling against their creators.

Yet.
zxys001
Answers: 4

Re: Nine robots held a press conference

Unread post by zxys001 »

Frederick_Law wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:54 pm
Yet.
...or, if they're forced to use SolidWorks? :D
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
ctsturdiv
Answers: 0

Unread post by ctsturdiv »

Frederick_Law wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:54 pm https://nationalpost.com/news/world/hum ... n-creators

Robots told reporters Friday they could be more efficient leaders than humans, but wouldn’t take anyone’s job away and had no intention of rebelling against their creators.

Yet.
Those things look kind of off to be honest. I have thought AI androids had the Doctor Who Dalek problem. How can they rebel and take over if they can't even navigate stairs? And the ones that can like Boston Dynamic's Spot needs like huge power packs and has uptime worse than a top end gaming laptop on highest settings unplugged.

Hell, during a Tesla event, like 3 employees had to hold one up on stage.
mattpeneguy

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

ctsturdiv wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:04 am Those things look kind of off to be honest. I have thought AI androids had the Doctor Who Dalek problem. How can they rebel and take over if they can't even navigate stairs? And the ones that can like Boston Dynamic's Spot needs like huge power packs and has uptime worse than a top end gaming laptop on highest settings unplugged.

You left out the biggest example of an AI android, Mark Zuckerberg...
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

mattpeneguy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:43 pm You left out the biggest example of an AI android, Mark Zuckerberg...
and, elmo musk?
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

ctsturdiv wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:04 am Those things look kind of off to be honest. I have thought AI androids had the Doctor Who Dalek problem. How can they rebel and take over if they can't even navigate stairs? And the ones that can like Boston Dynamic's Spot needs like huge power packs and has uptime worse than a top end gaming laptop on highest settings unplugged.

Attachments
WindingFeistyGar-size_restricted.gif
ctsturdiv

zxys001 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:30 pmand, elmo musk?
Ah.. the Muskrat..

That guys is almost Theranos level of bullshit. Especially with "full self driving" that isn't even full self driving. But you can't call the bullshit because dude has an army of simps online in a lot of places. Even truthful negative.

I mean, seriously. That self driver AI is dangerous as hell. I could see it if these things had their own special roads and such, but really those things have no place on the roads or should be even called what it is. It's false advertising at best, negligent homicide and fraud at worst.

Now, don't get me wrong. I enjoy watching the rockets for his other company, Space X. Not because of Musk worship, but because those programs have the most recorded and extensively documented coverage in history. You don't get that with other industrial programs and well, I am a nerd, and find the stuff fascinating.

But to hell if I'd ever work for that guy...

The community college at one time had like some kind of deal where Space X came and interviewed for interns a bit before I enrolled. The Boca Chica facility probably needed piping drafters and welders and such for all those tank farms for cheap. People willing to move to near Mexico, Texas.

I could be wrong, but The Muskrat would probably be the kind of person that would call my boss at 3 AM at night and have to head up to the facility because he smoked too much weed and DMT and didn't get laid fixated on some obscure detail, and have us sitting up there drawing and redrawing some pad pipe that could've been done right the first time if he hadn't fired the civil engineer who told him it wouldn't work the first time. All while being paid maybe half what someone at a real place would be while having to commute from a flophouse in Brownsville. Then fire everyone again when it blew up again after doing exactly what he said.
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

ctsturdiv wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:14 am Ah.. the Muskrat..
Interesting take on elmo, I have to say! Yeah, I'd be wary of muskrats followers also.
Even though most of the ventures should have tanked, honestly. Many of elmo's companies and their work can't be denied,... he's damn savy for sure and the many talented people (autonomous is a good word here) behind them with the interations in short order are effn impressive!
I may not like the dude as well, but dang, I luv the tech and the people behind their efforts!
UU
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

A friend of a coworker went to work at Spacex about a decade ago. He said they were expected to work stupid hours, and the pressure was insane. Any level of failure would result in termination. But when you are passionate about something, none of that matters. I'm sure the ones who survive are loving every minute of it.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
ctsturdiv

SPerman wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:50 pm A friend of a coworker went to work at Spacex about a decade ago. He said they were expected to work stupid hours, and the pressure was insane. Any level of failure would result in termination. But when you are passionate about something, none of that matters. I'm sure the ones who survive are loving every minute of it.
True that. I have lots of respect for those guys. I probably was a bit harsh and now have the Illuminate of aerospace putting me on a black list for talking smack on a forum..lol!

But if I wanted to build stuff that went to the moon and Mars and had an aerospace bent, I could go to Alabama and work for ULA.

I'd probably make more money, be in a lower cost of living area, have work-life balance, and I could brag my stuff would actually make it to other planets (for now). LOL.

But that place probably turns down thousands of applications and has zero turnover. Saw one ULA video where 40 to 50 year old dudes would get on hands an knees with knee pads manually wiping any metal particles off the interior of rockets. And that's the crud job of the plant.

I stand like zero chance of working at some place like that unless I went freelance illustrative, but my blender-fu sucks and there are too many illustrative drafting freelancers as it is.