SLA Printer recommendation

Machines, materials, processes, software, support structure, etc...
zwei
Answers: 18

SLA Printer recommendation

Unread post by zwei »

Our company is surveying for a new 3D Printer
Since we already have a FDM machine (uPrint), we are surveying for a SLA machine at the moment (too bad we cant get a SLS or object).
Most of the time we are printing proof of concept part and sometimes jig.

Do anyone have any recommendation?
One of our vendor suggest UBIZ UBEE, but i can barely find any info on it...
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
DennisD
Answers: 1

Re: SLA Printer recommendation

Unread post by DennisD »

There are a lot of things that will influence your decision, size of print and budget are probably at the top of that list. Look at this video for some great information.
There is a technical difference between a true SLA and what has been recently lumped into the SLA category, DLP (Digital Light Processing). I personally bought a Phrozen Sonic Mini DLP printer about a year ago for making proof of concept prototypes. It was right at $300, had a monochrome screen (one of the first affordable ones with that), and had excellent reviews. I am very happy with it. Phrozen was one of the trailblazers for monochrome screens, but now there are many products.
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch
Idriss
Answers: 0

Unread post by Idriss »

I got my UNIZ IBEE printer about a month ago, after years using the small elegoomars.
UNIZ is new in the game and selling the printer with a reasonable price,
the printer has a great build volume and a 4k LCD!!! check their website.
zwei
Answers: 18

Unread post by zwei »

Idriss wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:59 am I got my UNIZ IBEE printer about a month ago, after years using the small elegoomars.
UNIZ is new in the game and selling the printer with a reasonable price,
the printer has a great build volume and a 4k LCD!!! check their website.
Hows ur experience with uniz? So far so good?
Agree that their price is attractive, but i took a look at their forum and it is abit worrying... (http://forum.uniz.com/thread-category/r ... periences/)
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
Idriss
Answers: 0

Unread post by Idriss »

Sor far i'm satisfied with the prints quality and their slicer software is great. for the forum, they have a facebook page where they answer quickly.
the forum on their website sucks!!!
If you haven't used any resin printer before, i would suggest you to look at other brands, their user manual isn't for beginners. they skip too many fundamental beginner steps.