Midpoint crosses in drawing

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
JuTu
Answers: 1

Re: Midpoint crosses in drawing

Unread post by JuTu »

Hello!
To my understanding SolidWorks always includes a Point as a sketch entity, if Midpoint line is being used.

So, what is kinda workaroundish thing, but doesnt have the annoying Point entities is to draw arbitrary line and add a relation from its midpoint to the second entity you are using.
Yet more - there is even a relation named Midpoint which attaches line's midpoint to a vertex or a point without pre-existing Point (as a sketch entity).

[EDIT] So, yeah... I dont use midpoint line anymore :D
Sincerely,
JuTu
Answers: 3

Unread post by TTevolve »

What are you trying to do?

If you are trying to show some lines to just to make a PDF use a drawing format. You don't have to put in a view (although I would do a blank view to make it easier to move around) and can sketch lines with out the end/mid points showing up.
image.png
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

Edit: Oh, you specifically used midpoint line. Yeah, this adds a separate point that is mated to the line. You need to delete the point I think.
Leaving the rest of this for posterity.

Uncheck this:
image.png
Before:
image.png
After:
image.png
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Lufeee wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:10 am Hi,
How to hide the crosses that appear when i draw a midpoint line ? I tried document options - detailing, show/hide, deleting the midpoint itself and nothing works o[
The thing is its alright if its shown in the solidworks but the problem is that them crosses stay when i save the file as pdf.
Please help oa
Those aren't midpoints, rather they seem to be sketch points linked to midpoints

Show the same image that has the 'midpoints' shown in the PDF but show it on SolidWorks also.
SamSpade
Answers: 2

Unread post by SamSpade »

As @JuTu mentioned adding sketch relations (midpoint of one line to the endpoint of another or even midpoint of one line to the midpoint of another), instead of using the 'Midpoint Line' command will eliminate the visibility of those points.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky