Best Answer

New functionality as it is added. Talk about how to use new features.
matt
Answers: 18

Best Answer

Unread post by matt »

It only took me 2 weeks but I think I finally found all of the Best Answer switches. If you started a thread or if you're a moderator you can mark an answer as Best Answer!

OH, and yesterday we surpassed the high number for people on the site at one time! 43!
Jaylin Hochstetler
Answers: 4

Re: Best Answer

Unread post by Jaylin Hochstetler »

matt wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:11 am It only took me 2 weeks but I think I finally found all of the Best Answer switches. If you started a thread or if you're a moderator you can mark an answer as Best Answer!

OH, and yesterday we surpassed the high number for people on the site at one time! 43!
All hats off for @matt!

Thanks Matt!
A goal is only a wish until backed by a plan.
zwei

Unread post by zwei »

Thanks for the best answer feature...
You can mark answer as correct, unmark answer if you found it not working too
Marked answer will appear on top, just under your post and it will show in green too...
image.png
image.png
Why do i feel that it is even better than the old forum?
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
Roasted By John
Answers: 1

Unread post by Roasted By John »

Thanks @matt
www.martinsroastapig.com
Pig Roast Your Way
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

Thank you Matt!

Since users always want more, I have a couple suggestions.
- can you turn off the confirmation page when marking "best answer"? Since a post can be marked or unmarked I'm not sure the confirmation is needed.

- I might be the only person that thinks this way, but there are times when two people had separate but equally helpful responses. Does the chosen module have ability to have more than one "correct answer"? If not, its not that big of a deal, still very nice to be able to mark the thread as answered. I was the only one to think that. :)
zwei

Unread post by zwei »

bnemec wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:03 am Thank you Matt!

- can you turn off the confirmation page when marking "best answer"? Since a post can be marked or unmarked I'm not sure the confirmation is needed.

- I might be the only person that thinks this way, but there are times when two people had separate but equally helpful responses. Does the chosen module have ability to have more than one "correct answer"? If not, its not that big of a deal, still very nice to be able to mark the thread as answered.
IMO, more than one "correct answer" is really difficult to setup and may create a whole bunch of other issue...
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Zhen-Wei Tee wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:12 am

- I might be the only person that thinks this way, but there are times when two people had separate but equally helpful responses. Does the chosen module have ability to have more than one "correct answer"? If not, its not that big of a deal, still very nice to be able to mark the thread as answered.
IMO, more than one "correct answer" is really difficult to setup and may create a whole bunch of other issue...
I agree. Give it to the best answer. If there are two equally correct answers give it to the first one to post.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:17 am

I agree. Give it to the best answer. If there are two equally correct answers give it to the first one to post.
Or reiterate what was said by both (all while giving them credit) and then post that reiteration as the correct answer.
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

ok, forget that one then. :)
matt

Unread post by matt »

- I might be the only person that thinks this way, but there are times when two people had separate but equally helpful responses. Does the chosen module have ability to have more than one "correct answer"? If not, its not that big of a deal, still very nice to be able to mark the thread as answered. I was the only one to think that. :)
I agree about the confirmation thing. There are a couple of functions that require confirmations, and it's just an annoyance. I'm pretty sure that's not an option. I might be able to turn it off by deleting some lines of code, which makes it less likely.

The multiple answers thing I think is really in the title, "Best" answer. If two tie, first is best. Or if it was my answer, my answer should always be best. :D