Reverse Engineering Program Advice

Talk about your favorite subD and mesh tools
Donnyvan
Answers: 0

Reverse Engineering Program Advice

Unread post by Donnyvan »

I am currently in the market for a program that is able to handle converting mesh to a solid model (ideally in both CREO and SOLIDWORKS). With my previous employers, I used Geomagic Design X and really enjoyed using that program (despite it feeling a little behind on the times). I am currently looking at finding programs similar to that in the event that management does not like the high price of Design X. I will be using the program to take 3d scans of table top sized parts and recreating them into usable models in CREO. I like to also have the ability to use it in solidworks as I personally am more familiar with that program and I know that you can convert Solidworks files to CREO files as well. The scanner we are using is made by Hexagon, so I am trying to find out some information about REcreate as well. Any advice would be wonderful.
Arthur NY

Re: Reverse Engineering Program Advice

Unread post by Arthur NY »

These are two great Gold partner plug-ins for Solidworks that help with the conversion of Mesh to CAD.

Mesh to Surface for Solidworks - https://www.mesh2surface.com/mesh2surfa ... olidworks/

and

nPower Surfacing - https://www.npowersoftware.com/

There are two versions of Power Surfacing.... base version and Reverse Engineering. Definitely worth taking a look at if the goal is to work with mesh data and Solidworks.
len_1962

Unread post by len_1962 »

Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Donnyvan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:34 am management does not like the high price of Design X
Show them how long it'll take to remodel a scan without Design X.

Pencil and paper are much cheaper then any CAD software.