Traffic update and the official end of statistical summer

Look here for announcements.
matt
Answers: 18

Traffic update and the official end of statistical summer

Unread post by matt »

Traffic update:
We're recovering from the annual summer dip.
image.png
image.png (18.63 KiB) Viewed 474 times
(By the way, those little circles in the chart just denote times when the rate of change was very high for some reason, such as a quick drop off in traffic on friday before a holiday weekend, or a big increase in traffic after the SWAMP did something stupid again or DS sent out another highly anti-customer newsletter).

Plus, I just want to mention that at least 80% of new registrants are spammers. I try to catch these, but sometimes some get through. I delete the accounts, don't even bother with suspensions. Also, some times innocent people get caught up in the filtering. If this happens to you, just email me directly and demonstrate that you know the topic enough that you probably aren't a spammer.

We've recently passed 1100 registrants. That would have been MUCH higher (close to 50x) if I had let all the obvious spammers get through and just suspended bad accounts.

Thanks to all for your posts, answers, questions, discussions, and help pointing out bad eggs.
DennisD
Answers: 1

Re: Traffic update and the official end of statistical summer

Unread post by DennisD »

matt wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:12 am ,snip>

We've recently passed 1100 registrants. That would have been MUCH higher (close to 50x) if I had let all the obvious spammers get through and just suspended bad accounts.
Well, that exposes what DSS did not do with their 3DSWAMP. They just keep adding mud to their clear waters.
Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls aren't there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want things.
- - -Randy Pausch