Advertising Your Product or Service

Look here for announcements.
matt
Answers: 18

Advertising Your Product or Service

Unread post by matt »

It appears to be time to say something like this. In the past week I've deleted a couple of accounts because non-contributors have been trying to advertise products or services here. I let some people get away with that if they have been contributing to the overall discussion.

For example, let's say you sign up today and want to advertise your rather unimpressive skill set and offer something that many of us could (and have) done in our sleep for decades. Your account will be deleted without a warning.

If you want to advertise on this site, the appropriate thing to do would be to send me an email. It will cost you maybe $50/mo depending on your requirements. You give me a banner image, and it will cycle through. I'll keep track of how many times it gets shown and give you a report. We can even focus which sub forums it gets shown on.

Sometimes there is a gray line between information and advertising. If you spend a lot of time here answering questions or contributing in some way, that gray area gets bigger. This isn't just a barrel of fish to poach. It took time, effort and expense to create and build this forum. If you want to benefit from potential customers, I need you to contribute a modest amount.

Thanks for understanding.
Forum Admin
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: Advertising Your Product or Service

Unread post by AlexLachance »

matt wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:35 amFor example, let's say you sign up today and want to advertise your rather unimpressive skill set and offer something that many of us could (and have) done in our sleep for decades. Your account will be deleted without a warning.
;;

Whole heartedly agree. As always, keep up the good work buddy.
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

This can be a sticky post in each forum.

Also, well done keeping this barrel of fish quite clean. I have seen very few poaching posts.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Would this be a good time to mention that I sell and ship guppies, freshwater ornamental shrimp, and aquatic plants?

(I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.)
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

I was wondering if that post would survive.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams