Testing custom PDM task

Programming and macros
MMartens
Answers: 5

Testing custom PDM task

Unread post by MMartens »

When testing code for PDM tasks, I have found once you run any part of your code the only way to get PDM to let go of the .dll file is to restart. When testing out code on other PDM commands I usually just restart explorer and I can rebuild my .dll file. I've also tried exiting the PDM client program and ending the EdmServer.exe in the task manager.

Anyone have an easier method to get PDM to let go of my .dll file when I'm testing custom tasks.
by MMartens » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:40 pm
Yes, I was. I have found a workable solution. My main issue was I was still running the addin as a debug addin. Once, I fully loaded the addin simply shutting everything down before I rebuilt the dll allowed me to keep going. I just had to relaunch whatever I was using to test out the task.
Go to full post
bnemec
Answers: 10

Re: Testing custom PDM task

Unread post by bnemec »

Are you updating the dlls through the PDM Admin tool, Add-ins node, and Files tab of the add-in? Remove the files then add the new ones. This is how I was taught to update them after recompiling.
MMartens
Answers: 5

Unread post by MMartens »

Yes, I was. I have found a workable solution. My main issue was I was still running the addin as a debug addin. Once, I fully loaded the addin simply shutting everything down before I rebuilt the dll allowed me to keep going. I just had to relaunch whatever I was using to test out the task.
AmenJlili
Answers: 0

Unread post by AmenJlili »

You cannot debug the task hooks using the debug add-in option from the administration tool, unfortunately. Even hooking into the host process is very annoying. We have a unit and integration testing framework for task add-ins : https://bluebyte.biz/product/orca-unit- ... m-add-ins/