Exploded Views in Large Design Review (Vote for SPR 1210223)

Grant Mattis
Answers: 0

Exploded Views in Large Design Review (Vote for SPR 1210223)

Unread post by Grant Mattis »

We need to start creating exploded views of the top level assemblies for non mechanical departments like Marketing, Manufacturing and technical documentation. I have struggled with how to get this completed without taking major effort from the mechanical team. The first place I wanted to investigate was Large Design Review (LDR) as what we need from the exploded view is just moving the graphics bodies but it was never setup to work. How amazing would it be to create and manipulate Exploded views in LDR. I don't know if you have ever tried to create an exploded view of a large top level assembly but it isn't fun. The model can be big and slow to work with plus it is an extra configuration that might need to be managed. It will be a huge improvement if we can use Exploded views in LDR.

If you believe like I do that Exploded views should be available and editable in LDR please vote on SPR 1210223. @Alin Vargatu created this video to help demonstrate​​​​​​​
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Re: Exploded Views in Large Design Review (Vote for SPR 1210223)

Unread post by jcapriotti »

Seems like 3dComposer would be a better tool for their needs. Just expensive (about the same as SolidWorks) but its much more geared toward hose groups.

Jason