Older Version Loaded on Windows 10?

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
JMOS4
Answers: 0

Older Version Loaded on Windows 10?

Unread post by JMOS4 »

Hi all,

Was curious if anyone has tried an older version of SolidWorks like 2006 and loaded it on Windows 10 and got it to work?
I know it wouldn't run back in the day on Vista even in compatibility mode.

Reason as found a post to load old R14 AutoCAD on Windows 10 and to my surprise it works, so figured someone from the SolidWorks community had tried this, if not figured it would be worth the ask.

Part of the reason is I have 2006 on a XP computer, but would be nice if it was on my current laptop mostly for home use and car BS.

Regards,
Jim
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Re: Older Version Loaded on Windows 10?

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

You could certainly try, but I have my doubts. SW didn't support Win10 until SW2015 sp 5.0, if I remember correctly.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Damo

Unread post by Damo »

Hmmm.

My daily drive is 2022 SP5 on Win 10 Business
But I also have a PRO Version of 2014 SP5 on the same machine and it works flawlessly.
(This version is the most stable and reliable I've used. It's been a bit of a slippery downhill slope since then.)

Tho, I cannot say about anything older than this. 2012 was actually the first version I ever used.
Krzysztof Szpakowski

Unread post by Krzysztof Szpakowski »

I use SW 2012 with Win10. It works OK but without RealView. But you don't have this function at all, so there's no problem. One important note. After installation and the first time you run it, wait until the program starts and then close it. When you first run the program, it creates an environment and saves on exit. If you start playing with it - crap! In my case, this resulted in the lack of some commands (fastening operations).
viewtopic.php?t=3068