Quirky Graphical Issue in SLDDRW View involving HLR view settings.

Damo
Answers: 0

Quirky Graphical Issue in SLDDRW View involving HLR view settings.

Unread post by Damo »

Has anyone else experienced this specific and strange issue I am having with inconsistencies in this setting.
Setting.png
I have been using this setting since literally forever. But lately, I have found that some “Save As: PDF” output files are a bit…. ODD…
02 (pdf Output).png

You will see the faded and strange looking view on the left. (FYI, this prints to paper quite terribly..)

It results from that previously displayed setting not seeming to work correctly.
01 (sldrw Creation).png

You can clearly see the view on the left did not correctly “Hide Ends”.

To rectify, I do, as follows:..
Change view to shaded..
03 (Shaded Change).png
Immediately revert view to HLR..
04 (Revert to HLR).png
You can now see the correct display of “Hide Ends” has now applied.
05 (Corrected).png

The resulting PDF output is now also corrected. As visible below..
06 (Corrected pdf Output).png

This now prints out and displays on paper very well too.

This is a new failing.
I can only assume this is directly related to my most recent update to SP5.0 of 2022. I was running 2022 SP0 without this issue.
(It is frustrating as it seems that whenever I update the software I get fresh new problems that did not exist previously.)
And now, I need to go thru every SLDDRW file I create and check every view, on every page, and apply this fix before I can save any PDF output files.
(This is a laborious and tedious additional process of steps added to my existing workflow that does NOT save me time , nor add any value to my process.)

I have submitted this information, just this morning, to my reseller/helpdesk and I do suppose it is possible may hear back from them before the year is out. :roll:

I do wonder if anyone else here has seen or experienced this.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: Quirky Graphical Issue in SLDDRW View involving HLR view settings.

Unread post by AlexLachance »

I know it sounds ridiculous but have you tried rolling back to SP4 or even SP0 to see if the issue persists? Have you tried toggling enhanced graphics to see if that could be causing it? There's a few things that could cause graphic issues as such. Check if you have the right graphic card driver too.
Damo

Unread post by Damo »

AlexLachance wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:58 pm There's a few things that could cause graphic issues as such.
Agreed. Many things cause graphics issues. I've experienced a plethora of them over the years with different versions, machines, OS'es, etc.
That said, this one is new.
AlexLachance wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:58 pm Have you tried toggling enhanced graphics to see if that could be causing it?
I have this turned off since it came about as a gitchy boggle of bollocks to impress themselves with. We all know it doesn't work. So, no. Never used it.
AlexLachance wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:58 pm I know it sounds ridiculous but have you tried rolling back to SP4 or even SP0 to see if the issue persists?
I went directly from SP0 - to - SP5.0.. Is rollback even possible.. And how would I do that..?
AlexLachance wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:58 pm Check if you have the right graphic card driver too.
Good call.. Turns out, I am running an older driver. I may update..
It has been a while since I set up this machine.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

AlexLachance wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:58 pm Have you tried toggling enhanced graphics to see if that could be causing it?
Damo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:26 pm
I have this turned off since it came about as a gitchy boggle of bollocks to impress themselves with. We all know it doesn't work. So, no. Never used it.
EG is much improved in 2022SP5. I would at least give this a try. For me, it solved more problems than it created, so I left it on.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Damo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:26 pm Agreed. Many things cause graphics issues. I've experienced a plethora of them over the years with different versions, machines, OS'es, etc.
That said, this one is new.

I went directly from SP0 - to - SP5.0.. Is rollback even possible.. And how would I do that..?

Good call.. Turns out, I am running an older driver. I may update..
It has been a while since I set up this machine.
As @SPerman said, enhanced graphics has mitigated results for people. For me, it does wonders. For some of my co-workers, with a slightly different computer then mine, it causes issues. IMO, if your computer is less then 2 years old it works well and if it's older then 5 it'll most likely cause issues.

That being said, if you'd like to rollback, simply uninstall and reinstall to the desired SP. File are version bound but not SP bound, so fortunately if you encounter issues after upgrading you can rollback.

Hope things get better. Hit back here if you still face issues, I'll try and help UU
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Damo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:26 pm . . . I went directly from SP0 - to - SP5.0.. Is rollback even possible.. And how would I do that..
Going to an earlier service pack within the same version shouldn't be a problem. Uninstall sp 5.0 and then install the earlier version.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Damo

Unread post by Damo »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:27 am Going to an earlier service pack within the same version shouldn't be a problem. Uninstall sp 5.0 and then install the earlier version.
Cheers Glenn. But I gotta be honest and say, I went thru a bunch of hoops to get back on subs so I could get to SP5 where they fixed one of their more genius (incredibly stupid) enhancements they made with a selection of "temporary axis upon hover over cylindrical faces".
They gave me a button to disable it..
Temporary Axis.png
This used to annoy me relentlessly every time I stumbled upon a cylinder for more than the blink of an eye, my system would hang while it generated this useless and unwanted "feature". (TBH, I cannot even begin to imagine why anyone thought this was a good idea..!? .. Meh.)

So, I honestly cannot go backwards to a SP that would remove this.

But thank you anyway mate..
Damo

Unread post by Damo »

AlexLachance wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:58 pm Check if you have the right graphic card driver too.
Graphics driver: Updated to SW Latest certified. (Checked on the website.)
Testing now. I'll give it a couple of days to confirm...
Turning this on will be a Last-Resort, if I'm desperate. (I had several issues with this when it came out and disabling it was essential.)