Solidworks API

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
giakhanh
Answers: 0

Solidworks API

Unread post by giakhanh »

I have a library with tons of available components. Can I create an assembly from them, or can I open an assembly using the Solidworks API?
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Re: Solidworks API

Unread post by gupta9665 »

giakhanh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:33 am I have a library with tons of available components. Can I create an assembly from them, or can I open an assembly using the Solidworks API?
You can do both the tasks using API. Are you looking to make single assemblies of them or multiple assemblies based on the components type? And what is your actual need?
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger
giakhanh
Answers: 0

Unread post by giakhanh »

I want to creat multiple assemblies with some user-input parameters, for example: height, width and depth, ect..
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Unread post by gupta9665 »

giakhanh wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:36 pm I want to create multiple assemblies with some user-input parameters, for example: height, width and depth, ect..
There are several ways to do this:

1. Design Table - Will create a new configuration in the same model
2. Configuration Publisher - Will create a new configuration in the same model
3. DriveWorksXpress - Free design automation tool with every seat of SW, will create a new set of the files
4. Equations - You can pack and go the files to new location (and also rename during pack and go) and then change the values to update the files.
5. Master Model/Incontext - You can pack and go the files to new location (and also rename during pack and go) and then change the master model dimensions to update the files.
6. API - This cold be a time consuming process to build the required program (based on your expertise and understanding of the programming language/SW API)
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger