"CREO Flexible Component" equivalent in Solidworks

zwei
Answers: 18

"CREO Flexible Component" equivalent in Solidworks

Unread post by zwei »

I know i am probably trying to fit a square peg into a round hole...

Is there any Solidworks functionality that is similar to CREO Flexible Component?
https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_ ... nents.html

Basically, in CREO, a part can be defined as flexible component, and the dimension(s) can be made flexible so that it can accept user input in assembly level.
For eg: I could define the ID and Length of a cylinder to be flexible. When inserting the cylinder in assembly, i could specify the new ID and Length that is required and the model will update automatically

So.. basically it is something like a design table that does not require a new entry every time a new configuration is needed.

The part need to be inserted into multiple different assembly in different project... so no incontext modelling is allowed
image.png
image.png
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Re: "CREO Flexible Component" equivalent in Solidworks

Unread post by gupta9665 »

Check if this helps
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger
len_1962
Answers: 0

Re: "CREO Flexible Component" equivalent in Solidworks

Unread post by len_1962 »

Only way I can see on how you discribed how you want it to work is..............

insert the part into the assembly then turn it into a interal component which then makes it a copy and then you can do what ever you want to it and it doesn't mess with the original...............???????????????

I do this all the time with CAM in SW, put in the vice jaws then make internal and I can cut into them for soft jaws and the original stays in a virgin state to use in other assemblies.

just how I see it per you explination......

JMO