SheetMetal Bend Table

ddemar5651
Answers: 0

SheetMetal Bend Table

Unread post by ddemar5651 »

Does anyone else on here use bend tables on their sheet metal drawings? We use them and occasionally have an issue that I was wondering if anyone else has seen it. Occasionally after we have created and saved a drawing with the bend table with the bends in the bend order we want SolidWorks seems to revert to the original bend order for the part. When this happens it changes the bend order on the bend table but because some of the information on the table needs to be manually entered into the table this does not change when the bend order changes. This has lead to some issues on the shop floor with parts being bent with the incorrect flange size. Our machine are programmed by outside dimensions and they calculate the bend line. These outside dimensions are the manually input information. here is what our bend tables look like, the first four colums are autopopulated by SolidWorks, the others are manual input filelds that do niot change if the bend order is change.

If anyone else has seen this behavior please let me know. I am also curious about a fix for this if anyone has one.
image.png
image.png (5.66 KiB) Viewed 685 times