macro features: what are they for?

Programming and macros
mp3-250
Answers: 18

macro features: what are they for?

Unread post by mp3-250 »

I am try to understand "macro features" and I probably need a couple of example to better grasp the concept as the documentation is quite difficult (at least for me) to understand and see a practical use.

Are they a sort of macro embedded in a 3d file and triggered to do... uh something??
JSculley
Answers: 52

Re: macro features: what are they for?

Unread post by JSculley »

mp3-250 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:18 am I am try to understand "macro features" and I probably need a couple of example to better grasp the concept as the documentation is quite difficult (at least for me) to understand and see a practical use.

Are they a sort of macro embedded in a 3d file and triggered to do... uh something??
Yes. They appear as a feature in the feature tree and have a function that will be called on every rebuild.
Hansjoerg
Answers: 3

Unread post by Hansjoerg »

At CADSharp you can book a training course on the macro feature.

https://www.cadsharp.com/solidworks-api ... n-7-5-vba/

I haven't booked it myself yet, but I'm thinking about giving it a try.
Does anyone know this course and has completed it?
All the "good" news about SWX makes me feel like I'm driving a truck with two trailers straight into a dead end.
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Unread post by gupta9665 »

Hansjoerg wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:30 am At CADSharp you can book a training course on the macro feature.

https://www.cadsharp.com/solidworks-api ... n-7-5-vba/

I haven't booked it myself yet, but I'm thinking about giving it a try.
Does anyone know this course and has completed it?
I can vouch for the training content on the cad sharp. The membership is 299 for 3 months or 499 for a year. THe basic one is free and for lifetime but have limited content accessibility.
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger
Hansjoerg
Answers: 3

Unread post by Hansjoerg »

gupta9665 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:07 am I can vouch for the training content on the cad sharp.....
That sounds good.

What form does the training take?
Do you receive documents, manuals and work through the chapters on your own, or is it like a webinar where the learning content is presented and demonstrated?
All the "good" news about SWX makes me feel like I'm driving a truck with two trailers straight into a dead end.
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Unread post by gupta9665 »

Hansjoerg wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:11 pm That sounds good.

What form does the training take?
Do you receive documents, manuals and work through the chapters on your own, or is it like a webinar where the learning content is presented and demonstrated?
There are online video for the chapters which you can follow along, And you also get example macros used for the chapters.

In case you want to try out, pick the basic version first (it is free) and then you can upgrade.
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger